Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hwilensky

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Hey all -

Happy New Year to everyone. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good book to learn how to properly use Aperture 3. I can watch all the videos on You Tube and learn a lot by browsing this forum. But in the end, I am a book guy, and I like to read about all the in's and out's of this software. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good one.

Thanks,
Hwilensky

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Check amazon book dept and read reviews. Likely that is the best way to compare what is available.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
This book worked perfect for me
Apple Pro Training Series: Aperture 3
images

davys

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Lanark

Yeah, following on from the above two posts, I can thoroughly recommend this APTS book. Very informative, easy to get into, well written and lots of guided examples. My preferred learning style is to take written notes as I progress then type them up after each lesson, just to reinforce what I learn but you may be more intelligent than me so possibly you wont have to do this. I'm just over half way and has made a big improvement in my understanding of Aperture 3.

Hwilensky

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys. I went with the recommendation above, should be delivered by the Thursday. Thank you so much for the help.

Hwilensky

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.