Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jul 2, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Solenz
macrumors newbie

iOS 7 Beta 2 Reboot Loop

Is anyone getting reboot loops on iOS 7 beta 2? I tried it on my iPhone 4 and 4S and both of them have iOS 7 beta 2 clean installed. After turning them on and off they get stuck in a reboot loop. They are both registered in the iPhone Developer Program. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. Any fixes? Thanks.
Solenz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 08:36 PM   #2
nanolife
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to nanolife Send a message via Skype™ to nanolife
The only fix I found for that was downgrading to IOS 6.

"You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent."
nanolife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 08:38 PM   #3
frankdogg
macrumors member

i had the same prob. but the phone would make its way to the lock screen then reloop. the way i got out of it was by pressing the lock button before it would loop again.
frankdogg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:34 PM   #4
Solenz
macrumors newbie

I wonder why though? It was working fine since beta 1 and now, just today. It chooses to reboot loop me? I know it's a beta but it was working perfectly fine before. I could reboot at will and hard reset without any problems. Same for beta 2 until today. Only today, now both of my devices get into reboot loops even after a clean install. I hope this gets fixed in beta 3. Had to downgrade back to iOS 6. The iOS 7 look grew on me already. I miss the green buttons and the flat interface!
Solenz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:57 PM   #5
cdcrowell
macrumors regular

my ipad and iphone 5 both have done this a couple of times.on my iphone i just put beta 1 back on it until 3 drops.so far so good
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:54 PM   #6
Solenz
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback guys. Can I ask that this thread be updated with more feedback from other users? Thanks. Let's see if other users get this reboot loop until beta 3.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 03:24 AM   #7
Solenz
macrumors newbie

When beta 3 drops, can someone please add the results to this thread like, if the reboot loops stopped? Thanks. Try a hard reset and a normal power on/off cycle. I would do it myself but the day the beta drops I'm off to somewhere without wifi!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 04:03 AM   #8
BlankStar
macrumors member

This is the 5th time I'm posting the solution. People are obviously to lazy to do a search on the forum before posting a new topic.

- Get to the latest 6.1.X for your device with all apps and settings in tact.
- make a back-up
- update to 7.0b1 (I repeat update as in: not restore)
- on the iDevice go to settings > General and reset the settings. (not data; just settings)
This will NOT reset the settings of your apps, just the iPhone settings like the wallpaper and ringtones, etc.
- turn off "Find my iPhone"
- update to 7.0b2 OTA or update via iTunes

All done

Last edited by BlankStar; Jul 3, 2013 at 04:12 AM. Reason: typo
BlankStar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 02:28 PM   #9
Solenz
macrumors newbie

Exclamation

Can anyone test BlankStar's solution? Like I said, I don't have internet at the place I'm going to. Thanks again. ATM I'm downgraded at 6.1.3 on my 4s so Step 1 is already done.

----------

I did a forum search (sorry BlankStar, forgot about that function) and I found this thread. They are having the same issues as me. Can anyone verify their solution? Thanks. It appears that they found the culprit for the reboot loops.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...+7+reboot+loop
Old Jul 3, 2013, 04:51 PM   #10
cdcrowell
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solenz View Post
Can anyone test BlankStar's solution? Like I said, I don't have internet at the place I'm going to. Thanks again. ATM I'm downgraded at 6.1.3 on my 4s so Step 1 is already done.

----------

I did a forum search (sorry BlankStar, forgot about that function) and I found this thread. They are having the same issues as me. Can anyone verify their solution? Thanks. It appears that they found the culprit for the reboot loops.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...+7+reboot+loop
tried bankstars solution and it still reboot loops. if anything freezes on screen and you reboot it, it will go into loop with restore the only option.ive went back to beta 1 for now
Old Jul 3, 2013, 05:19 PM   #11
nanolife
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to nanolife Send a message via Skype™ to nanolife
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankStar View Post
This is the 5th time I'm posting the solution. People are obviously to lazy to do a search on the forum before posting a new topic.

- make a back-up
- on the iDevice go to settings > General and reset the settings. (not data; just settings)
This will NOT reset the settings of your apps, just the iPhone settings like the wallpaper and ringtones, etc.

All done
Cool down man, your "solution" obviously doesn't apply as a rule so why don't you just cool down a bit and move on to the next thread?

I've tried this "solution" as well as others users here and doesn't work. It may work for you and a few others but as I said, it doesn't apply as a rule or solution.

Anyway... OP, you can try DFU restoring your device and reinstalling Beta 2. It worked for me, no more boot loop.

"You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent."
nanolife is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 05:20 PM   #12
thegrants82
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankStar View Post

- make a back-up

All done
Now this is funny....
thegrants82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 05:48 PM   #13
Solenz
macrumors newbie

@nanolife,
I already tried that. It boot looped on the second reboot. On this link: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1602855&highlight=ios+7+reboot+loop
it says that time zone settings might be the culprit. Can anyone test? Thanks. It's another macrumors thread.

Last edited by Solenz; Jul 3, 2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old Jul 3, 2013, 05:48 PM   #14
Bobajobbob
macrumors member

You can go direct from 6.1.4 to beta 2. You don't have to install beta 1 first. Just reset all setting and turn off find my iPhone first and then perform an update/install. Worked for me.
Bobajobbob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:06 PM   #15
cdcrowell
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobajobbob View Post
You can go direct from 6.1.4 to beta 2. You don't have to install beta 1 first. Just reset all setting and turn off find my iPhone first and then perform an update/install. Worked for me.
I tried that also and still if your screen ever freezes and you reboot it does nothing but loop I'm stating on beta 1 until 3 comes out
cdcrowell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 07:04 AM   #16
BlankStar
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanolife View Post
Cool down man, your "solution" obviously doesn't apply as a rule so why don't you just cool down a bit and move on to the next thread?

I've tried this "solution" as well as others users here and doesn't work. It may work for you and a few others but as I said, it doesn't apply as a rule or solution.

Anyway... OP, you can try DFU restoring your device and reinstalling Beta 2. It worked for me, no more boot loop.
Well, then people should start their topic with: "i found this solution in topic X but doesn't work for me" or post in that topic. There are at least 9 topics concerning the reboot loop when upgrading to beta 2.

Now there are 9 topics like this with the boot loop as subject. Would be nice if people used the search function and everyone post in one topic.

Anyhow, beta 3 is here. So /care on the boot loop of beta 2.
BlankStar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7