Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jedi5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
North Burbs, IL
I've done a search and from what I've read this is possible...

You can use FT on the iPad from US to Europe, correct?
If I read and understood correctly, you need to adjust the time zone, find wifi, and you are good to go.

Is that pretty much spot on?

Thanks!

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I dont know about adjusting time - but I recently used FT over wifi on my iPhone in Europe.

My sister-in-law frequently FT's us/sister from Europe.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
FaceTime works just like Skype. You can use it to communicate with anyone anywhere in the world. No need to tweak any settings.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I've done a search and from what I've read this is possible...

You can use FT on the iPad from US to Europe, correct?
If I read and understood correctly, you need to adjust the time zone, find wifi, and you are good to go.

Is that pretty much spot on?

Thanks!

Spot on. I FT a friend in the UK almost every day (I'm in the US). We FT on iPhone, iPad, and laptops.

Adjusting for time zone is always good...he is 5 hours ahead of me, so I make sure not to FT at 7 PM...not good to wake him up to talk trash!!:D

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Spot on. I FT a friend in the UK almost every day (I'm in the US). We FT on iPhone, iPad, and laptops.

Adjusting for time zone is always good...he is 5 hours ahead of me, so I make sure not to FT at 7 PM...not good to wake him up to talk trash!!:D

:D It's a great tool....And BTW, I thought it was ME who talked trash...:D:D

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I FaceTime all the time with deaf friend in Tbilisi Georgia and I live in California. I never thought about adjusting time zone. :apple:

Jedi5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
North Burbs, IL
Thanks everyone for the help!

Yeah, when I was reading about using FT internationally, the one thing I read over and over was the importance of making sure the time zone was adjusted.
Dunno why that it is but oh well...

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.