Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Hello,

Maybe this slipped my mind. Since the iPhone 5 is now 4", does the camera app not take full screen pictures?? Maybe this has always been the case and I just noticed it. Has anyone else has this issue, of indeed it is an issue? :confused:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hello,

Maybe this slipped my mind. Since the iPhone 5 is now 4", does the camera app not take full screen pictures?? Maybe this has always been the case and I just noticed it. Has anyone else has this issue, of indeed it is an issue? :confused:

The screen size changed but the aspect ratio the camera shoots did not, therefore you are correct, photos taken on an iPhone 5 will not be full screen unless you crop them.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Got it, thanks guys. Thought I was having a damn brain fart as some were full screen (taken while using video) and some were not.

Thanks again!! :)

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
This is also the case on the 4/4S. However, iOS usually crops it in because the aspect ratio is much closer. If you take a picture on the 4/4S and view it in landscape mode, try zooming out. All of the sudden, there's a bit more picture than there was before.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
The photos have never been full screen, actually. On any existing iPhone with a 3.5" screen, if you take a photo and "pinch out" you'll notice it doesn't completely fill the screen. I'm guessing Apple would just fill the screen since only a little bit would be cut off. Now with the bigger screen of the iPhone 5, Apple decided not to do that and just show the entire photo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.