Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
My iPad 2 still works great. I use it mostly when traveling. I'll have to see the specifications of the 5 before I decide, but I will likely upgrade because of:

- LTE
- More RAM (hopefully less reloading in Safari)
- Want to get rid of the old Apple connector so I don't have to carry two sets of cables and adapters (since my iPhone uses the Lightning connector)
- Hopefully an anti-reflective display similar to the iPhone 5's; this is probably my number one usability issue with the current iPad
- Want to upgrade to 128GB (I load lots of movies and tv episodes on the device for long trips)

I don't expect (or need) it to be significantly lighter or thinner, since the 2 is already extremely portable.

Daysight

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2011
I can't justify the expense of upgrading, much as I'd like the larger memory. Bumped into 32 GB a year ago, but the thing works so darn well. And I don't want to have to replace my connectors and Zagg keyboard case just yet. Heck, it's only been two years+.

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Yes, probably

iPda2 still works great but I have Wi-Fi only version. I'd like cellular too as they won't allow us to use the company Wi-Fi. Want retina display and other new features too. I have iOS7 on my ol' iPad2 and it works well though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.