Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I just got a lenmar meridian for my 5S, the charging works, but it won't sync to the computer via the micro USB. Their cable and battery is MFI approved so I don't get what the problem is.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
The three articles you posted all link back to the same article as the source.
And it's wrong.
I'm sorry but it sure doesn't sound like you have either a Lightning port device or a 3rd-party cable so how about you yield to the people who do have both?

The article is wrong.
I have 3rd-party Lightning cables and they do work just fine with my iOS 7 device.
If anyone is genuinely having a problem I think the most likely answer is that their 3rd-party cable is unreliable.

pirateyarrr

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2009
Ah, so because your cable happens to work, everyone that's saying their cables aren't working, are wrong.

Makes total sense.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
We spend a solid amount of money on iDevices; I don't even want to use 3rd party cable/charger anymore. I did in the past; some of them got hot like hell; even more compared to the original one I use for my iPad. I just feel more confident without 3rd party.
Remember the story of exploding 3rd party charger killing a person ... It not coming from nowhere.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
The problem is that Apple wants you to buy their $35 charger, and you didn't.

Incorrect. Apple wants you to purchase AUTHORIZED lightning cables. Not all authorized cables are $35. There are plenty in the $10 - $20 price range that are not made by Apple but are authorized through Apple's MFi program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.