Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larrygornick

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
do you realize how BAD you've made those guys feels??? (ok.....so they're dead, but maybe dead guys have feelings too.....did you consider that?)

Believe it or not, those guys were actually liked by some people. A few. A very select few. Bieber cannot even argue that.

larrygornick

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
Well....in 2012 - 8 million Americans would disagree with you. They liked him well enough to buy an album. For the record... I'm not one of them.

I'm willing to place a bet that since 2012, a plurality of those 8 million people have hated themselves, and wished for their money back.

We've all done things we're ashamed of, man.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
I'm willing to place a bet that since 2012, a plurality of those 8 million people have hated themselves, and wished for their money back.

We've all done things we're ashamed of, man.

I'm willing to bet otherwise. Just for the record, I'm no fan of Bieber. I doubt I've heard more than one or two songs of his. I actually liked some of Avril's early songs. But not Justin's.

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
I'm willing to bet otherwise. Just for the record, I'm no fan of Bieber. I doubt I've heard more than one or two songs of his. I actually liked some of Avril's early songs. But not Justin's.
There will always be someone who'd stay fan of this guy forever. Whatever that reason could be. Maybe his mother or father, but they're probably ashamed of their son as well.. :rolleyes:

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
Sorry, but I don't believe in hating someone just because it's sudden 'hip' to hate them. He is not my favourite person, and he has done some ugly things. But this thread is an ugly reminder of how many people lose perspective. He is simply a spoiled celebrity. There are many more much more evil people who deserve our attention. The best thing Bieber is to simply ignore him.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Sorry, but I don't believe in hating someone just because it's sudden 'hip' to hate them. He is not my favourite person, and he has done some ugly things. But this thread is an ugly reminder of how many people lose perspective. He is simply a spoiled celebrity. There are many more much more evil people who deserve our attention. The best thing Bieber is to simply ignore him.

well......he's 20 years old, has made a big chunk of money fast and is now trying to find his way into the adult world........perhaps it's unintentional, but he's become more amusing than when he was a well scrubbed goody goody singing for 13 year old girls

Ugly things? for the most part just immature teenaged stuff fueled by too much ready money...........so far

larrygornick

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
He's done some pretty mean things. No one likes him. And that's alright in my book. I realize that some people are fans of his, and that's fine, but I don't like them either. I have every right to dislike whoever I want. That's why America is good. We are allowed to dislike people. I know that J.B. doesn't care in the slightest about me, and that's fine. If I met him, he would probably dislike me as well. But I don't want to think about that. His music is bad. His personality is bad.

El Fin

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
...That's why America is good. We are allowed to dislike people. ….

El Fin
Is that enshrined in the Constitution?

"Congress shall make no law that shall infringe on the Rights of the People to Dislike whomsoever they shall choose to Dislike."

Tongue Very Firmly In Cheek!!!!!

Luckily the right to dislike people is not an peculiarly American right.

Seriously.

larrygornick

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
Is that enshrined in the Constitution?

"Congress shall make no law that shall infringe on the Rights of the People to Dislike whomsoever they shall choose to Dislike."

Tongue Very Firmly In Cheek!!!!!

Luckily the right to dislike people is not an peculiarly American right.

Seriously.

I was speaking with a bit of sarcasm myself. I'm glad you uphold a higher stance of not hating someone because it's cool. I'm proud of you, that is a highly virtuous thing to do.

In terms of disliking people, yeah, we're allowed to dislike people, and I know that that is not limited to the US.

But look at our country's history. We hated the British, so we ran away from them. We ruined Native American's lives, they hated us, so we killed them til they ran away. Then Britain hated us for not paying taxes, so we killed them til they ran away. They we hated countless groups of people along the way until present day, where now our children are taught that we are the best country in the history of earth.

And most Americans hate our own president.

In my humble opinion, I think it is healthy to funnel all of our cultural hatred away from other races and countries, and perhaps dispose of it all on one outlet. I cast my vote to Mr. Justin Bieber.

DISCLAIMER: I don't actually feel hatred towards him. I'm not fond, but I enjoy the internet fad of "fake" hatred. It's amusing, and funny from time to time. :)

Last edited:

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva

Yes you are right, and I even got in on the act earlier in the thread. :eek:

It seems some folks love to hate on *fill in the blank* here. After all, it happens to our favourite tech brand. And many fellow Apple fans indulge in the same nonsense themselves when mindlessly bashing rival companies and their users.

As a long-time sci-fi fan see this a LOT to my chagrin. Heck I much prefer the original trilogy of Star Wars to the prequels and think George Lucas made some errors of judgement I am getting fed up with the excessive ranting. It's not enough to just dislike something - they rage and wish others would stop liking it.

That said, I still think Beiber is an awful singer and spoiled brat. That's it.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Heck I much prefer the original trilogy of Star Wars to the prequels and think George Lucas made some errors of judgement I am getting fed up with the excessive ranting. It's not enough to just dislike something - they rage and wish others would stop liking it.

It's not that there are new cuts. It's that the original isn't available. All of that rage would go away if they'd simply include the theatrical cut along side whatever the cut of the day is.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Orson Scott Card?

No, Star Trek (TOS, TNG mainly never got into DS9 or Voyager), Doctor Who and Star Wars.

It's not that there are new cuts. It's that the original isn't available. All of that rage would go away if they'd simply include the theatrical cut along side whatever the cut of the day is.

I see what you mean, but I meant the prequels, many saying they wish they had not been made or made "better."

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Its not that serious, as I can think of many other pop stars that trumps this guy by far. Actually Justin is lyte sauce, all the crap he's done is no different than any other typical teen in high school. Why this kid gets this type of hateful attention is beyond me, he's very very easily forgettable.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I really don't see how it effects me where he lives? How does it affect you? I don't give a **** about him. I think he is a *******. But if he gets banned from the US it will have no effect on me or my life. I really don't get why people care if he's banned or not.

larrygornick

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
I really don't see how it effects me where he lives? How does it affect you? I don't give a **** about him. I think he is a *******. But if he gets banned from the US it will have no effect on me or my life. I really don't get why people care if he's banned or not.

I suppose he is just a new donny osmond. Donny kinda disappeared, eh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.