Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jul 19, 2014, 01:24 PM   #501
masterific
macrumors newbie

viber or etisalat problem

Hi Viber,

Ive just recently relocated here in UAE 2 mos ago. Ive been using viber apps since I was in Singapore. And Im using the same smartphone I got from singapore telco. I subscribe to etisalat prepaid sim card, but I noticed everytime I send SMS outside UAE I was being charge with international SMS by etisalat eventhough I was connected thru wifi. I already raised complaint to Etisalat, but to no avail their support team cannot settle the issue. I try to remove and reinstall my viber apps but the same issue on intl sms charge still there. What is the root cause of this? Is there a bug on viber apps or etisalat system? Pls help. thanks
masterific is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 05:45 AM   #502
Viber
macrumors 6502

Hi,

If you were sending a Viber-to-Viber message, the message is free, regardless of the country to which you are sending the message. Viber does not have the ability to send an SMS message to a non-Viber user.

A non-Viber message will be sent as an SMS message, which goes through your phone service provider (Elistat). Any charges incurred from the SMS messages will be from Elistat, not Viber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterific View Post
Hi Viber,

Ive just recently relocated here in UAE 2 mos ago. Ive been using viber apps since I was in Singapore. And Im using the same smartphone I got from singapore telco. I subscribe to etisalat prepaid sim card, but I noticed everytime I send SMS outside UAE I was being charge with international SMS by etisalat eventhough I was connected thru wifi. I already raised complaint to Etisalat, but to no avail their support team cannot settle the issue. I try to remove and reinstall my viber apps but the same issue on intl sms charge still there. What is the root cause of this? Is there a bug on viber apps or etisalat system? Pls help. thanks

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps