Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
hello,

I've used Viber for several months on Mac OS X 10.8.x and had no problems.
Once I've connected to OpenVPN AS, messages history are not being synchronised on my ViberDesktop. Synchronisation are only became active to messages, while Mac is on-line. On my iPhone everything is good, and I can see all of group message history.
On the VPN server were some changes on DNS. One time it had no WAN DNS at all, only locals. Before the DNS changes Viber worked fine.
Now, there are DNS servers 7.7.7.7 and 8.8.8.8. Still not working, even Mac is off-VPN.
On the iPhone messages are still able to sync, neither I'm on or off VPN connection (GPRS, 3G, WiFi doesn't matter).
Reintalled Viber desktop twice.
Upgraded OS X on Mavericks.
Nothing.
Help.

Software OS X 10.9 (13A603) // problem started on 10.8.x

Ethernet:
Type: Ethernet
BSD Device Name: en0
Hardware (MAC) Address: 40:6c:8f:1b:07:50
IPv4:
Configuration Method: DHCP
IPv6:
Configuration Method: Automatic
Proxies:
Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16
FTP Passive Mode: Yes
Wi-Fi:
Type: IEEE80211
BSD Device Name: en1
Hardware (MAC) Address: 70:56:81:8d:79:67
IPv4:
Configuration Method: DHCP
IPv6:
Configuration Method: Automatic
Proxies:
Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16
FTP Passive Mode: Yes
IEEE80211:
JoinModeFallback: Prompt
PowerEnabled: 1
RememberJoinedNetworks: 1
RequireAdminIBSS: 0
RequireAdminNetworkChange: 0
RequireAdminPowerToggle: 0

VPN DNS 8.8.8.8

Viber:
Version: 3.1.2
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Last Modified: 01/10/13 17:37
Kind: Intel
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Signed by: Developer ID Application: Viber Media Inc., Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

Access Server version: 1.8.5
Server Name: 188.225.x.x
Authenticate users with: pam
Accepting VPN client connections on IP address: eth0: 188.225.x.x
Port for VPN client connections: tcp/443, udp/1194'
OSI Layer: 3 (routing/NAT)
Clients access private subnets using: NAT

Hi,
Thanks for the report of the problem.

In general, Viber does not support using Proxy at all, so problems may occur when trying to use Viber on proxy. It's explained in this page in our HelpDesk: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/456/63/connection-issues

However, do you mean that now Viber Desktop won't work even after you stopped using your VPN?

If that's the case, then we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/1

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum". With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Yeap, its that way.
Ticket in Technical forum created.
Ticket ID: BBU-658-55238

Regards,
Usov

Thank you for submitting the ticket Usov.
We hope our Support Team will be able to offer you a solution.

If the ticket response is delayed or you encounter any further troubles, please do let me know :)

tsakantarhs

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2013
viber and hold on/call waiting option

Hello i would like to ask you if Viber has the option "call waiting/hold on "
because when i talk with my gf ,sometimes the conversation stops.She is explaining me that is this option that is activating by mistake(with her ears i suppose) without receiving another call..does exist this option??!! because in my viber i cant see it.I am waiting your opinions.Thank you!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hello i would like to ask you if Viber has the option "call waiting/hold on "
because when i talk with my gf ,sometimes the conversation stops.She is explaining me that is this option that is activating by mistake(with her ears i suppose) without receiving another call..does exist this option??!! because in my viber i cant see it.I am waiting your opinions.Thank you!

Hi,

Yes, the "hold" feature was available in older versions of Viber.
Note that you will see a "contact is on another call, please hold" message also when the contact you are talking with receives a cellular call.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@gmad64 -

What error exactly are you getting when trying to open the received photo on Viber?
does it happen with all of your contacts, or only some?

Trivulance

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2013
I'm from Jamaica and my mobile carrier is Digicel (oceanic digital) I had viber for the pass seven months working perfectly....but I realized from you guys start to update this great app its turning into crap I have seen people all over the world complaining about call droping well I can say I'm having the same issue I uninstalled and installed this app over ten times.
Same problem from the duration of the call reach 20 sec it just show the red telephone icon (meaning my signal low) which in truth my signal is not bad am getting full 3G coverage where I'm so I would like for you to come clean and tell the world what went wrong on the technical side of viber thnk you.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I'm from Jamaica and my mobile carrier is Digicel (oceanic digital) I had viber for the pass seven months working perfectly....but I realized from you guys start to update this great app its turning into crap I have seen people all over the world complaining about call droping well I can say I'm having the same issue I uninstalled and installed this app over ten times.
Same problem from the duration of the call reach 20 sec it just show the red telephone icon (meaning my signal low) which in truth my signal is not bad am getting full 3G coverage where I'm so I would like for you to come clean and tell the world what went wrong on the technical side of viber thnk you.

Hi,
Thanks for the details of the problem.

We are not aware of any general problem with Viber.

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

mylcdmonitor

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2013
problem with splitting screen

Hi
I updated my viber to 4.0.0 and now because of slpiting the screen of chat screen i cant see what i am typing, how can i disable splitting screen? i know its because of divided chat screen in homepage of chat
thank you
wb51f7.jpg

Last edited:

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi
I updated my viber to 4.0.0 and now because of slpiting the screen of chat screen i cant see what i am typing, how can i disable splitting screen? i know its because of divided chat screen in homepage of chat
thank you

Thank you for the report of the problem.

we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/1

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum".

Thanks in advance!

Junrms

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2013
Hi, If I call a specific number and she cannot attend the call because she's offline or does not have any internet signal, will it appear as a notification that I called her once she goes online.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi, If I call a specific number and she cannot attend the call because she's offline or does not have any internet signal, will it appear as a notification that I called her once she goes online.

Yep.
As soon as she comes back online, she will see a Viber Missed Call notification, and will be able to call you back if she chooses.

chrishkt

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2013
I use Viber since few months. One of my friends just installed it and i can not call her.There is message "Currently this user can not be called through Viber".We can send text, photo etc but only with her i can not talk. Pls help why and what to do. It is the same with wifi, gsm etc. All other connection works well.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I use Viber since few months. One of my friends just installed it and i can not call her.There is message "Currently this user can not be called through Viber".We can send text, photo etc but only with her i can not talk. Pls help why and what to do. It is the same with wifi, gsm etc. All other connection works well.

Hi,

It could be that your friend has a device that does not support Viber's calls service. You can find more information about it in our official HelpDesk, at http://helpme.viber.com

What device and operating system is she using?

chrishkt

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2013
My friend has Nokia n8 and Symbian system. I can send text but not call her. What to do ?

fardeenah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2013
why does the latest version of viber ios takes such a long time to connect. it says connecting for a very time. ever since viber out and new stickers are out viber is slow and comburshome and everything feels crammed into the user interface

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@chrishkt -

Viber's calling service is not compatible with Nokia 8 phones. We apologize.

@fardeenah -

We are about to release a new update or Viber (it will be available in AppStore hopefully soon).
Once released, we kindly ask that you try it out and let us know if the problem persists.

If it does, we will assist you further.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

gomoq13

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2013
Singapore
When will the iOS 7 update for Viber coming out? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we should all be able to view the Viber chat messaging window while on Viber voice call.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
When will the iOS 7 update for Viber coming out? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we should all be able to view the Viber chat messaging window while on Viber voice call.

We are working these days on an update of Viber for iOS7 and we hope to have it ready soon. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

About the ability to view the chat window while on a call:

Unfortunately, this feature is not available yet. We will consider adding it in future versions.

Meanwhile, we invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion. Unfortunately it is not possible for us to integrate every suggested feature into Viber, but the more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality :)
You can find it here: http://viber.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/0/have-an-idea-for-a-new-feature

vitalytkach

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2013
Trouble with HTC Desire C and Viber. Need help

Hi! I m having a trouble using the viber app: In our family there are 3 android phones and 1 iphone. One of the androids is htc desire C. The user of this smartphone can call and send messages to any other user. When any other user try to call this one with htc desire C, there is no possibility to call him. I m seeing a message that I m calling him via viber out. But e.g. if I call any other user there is no problem to call him. All the smarts are connected to my home wifi network. Everything is ok. Just the Desire C is making me crazy. Help me please

fardeenah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2013
hello i am from mauritius, i have been sending viber messages since september concerning about our mobile numbers, as from sept our numbers have gone from 7 to 8 digits, i have asked to fix that, but viber keeps on saying we are working on it, come on! whatsapp did that a week after everything changed.

old phone num: 7XX XXXX
new mobile format: 5 XXX XXXX

please fix it , i mean soon. right now we gotta keep duplicate for our contacts because of this viber issue, one number with 5 and one without the 5 so that viber recognise the contacts.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@vitalytkach -

The HTC Desire C user may not be recognized a Viber user.
The source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/...st-is-not-showing-your-friends-as-viber-users

@fardeenah -

Hi,
This is a known issue and we're working to fix it these days (to convert all Viber numbers from the old format to the new one).
Meanwhile, the only way to fix it at the moment is reactivation of Viber (which unfortunately results in deletion of all message history).

As we said, we are working to fix the numbers automatically, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Raza26

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2013
How can i tell if my friend is actively messaging people on viber? Because it shows status "online" even if viber is running in the background and she isn't messaging anyone.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
How can i tell if my friend is actively messaging people on viber? Because it shows status "online" even if viber is running in the background and she isn't messaging anyone.

At this point is it not possible to do that directly.
However, you may message them and see if they have viewed your message or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.