Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azmacguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Greetings fellow Apple fans

Let me get right to my issue. I can no longer text or view text images in landscape mode. All other applications work fine when switching from portrait/landscape. However, when it comes to sending text messages the phone will not switch to landscape view.

My wife has the same iPhone as I (4-iOS 6) and she is able to text in landscape. I'm stumped- any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Greetings fellow Apple fans

Let me get right to my issue. I can no longer text or view text images in landscape mode. All other applications work fine when switching from portrait/landscape. However, when it comes to sending text messages the phone will not switch to landscape view.

My wife has the same iPhone as I (4-iOS 6) and she is able to text in landscape. I'm stumped- any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Do you have the orientation lock on?

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
An obvious solution and you've probably done this but have you tried doing a hard reset?
(Press the Home button and the Sleep-Wake button on th top of the phone simultaneously till the Apple Icon appears, keep holding and let it cycle through again till the Apple Icon appears again and release)

azmacguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
An obvious solution and you've probably done this but have you tried doing a hard reset?
(Press the Home button and the Sleep-Wake button on th top of the phone simultaneously till the Apple Icon appears, keep holding and let it cycle through again till the Apple Icon appears again and release)

It worked! You good sir are awesome! I had forgot about the hard-reset! Thank you for your help!

Cheers!

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
What I almost forgot was a forum like this is meant for people to ask questions on how to fix their devices if something goes wrong. Strange thing is you never really see threads like this and mostly have threads about people complaining because nothing really goes wrong with these phones.

Anyway I am glad you were able to fix your issue. I wish the forum would be more like this than people bickering

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
What I almost forgot was a forum like this is meant for people to ask questions on how to fix their devices if something goes wrong. Strange thing is you never really see threads like this and mostly have threads about people complaining because nothing really goes wrong with these phones.

Anyway I am glad you were able to fix your issue. I wish the forum would be more like this than people bickering

It's possible that there aren't as many of these types of threads because most issues have already been discussed here and people are searching instead of starting new threads.

Unlikely...but possible.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California

That's why a lot of us stick around- not to engage in silly arguments, but to help and be helped by others. It's mostly a good community with good help available when it's needed.
Glad OP's problem is solved!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.