Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
I have an iPad that keeps restarting.

I see the Apple logo then here the bleep, a blank screen and then the Apple logo again.

Any ideas?

Restore to last update point? Full restore? Home button and top button at the same time for 20 seconds or so?

Sounds like a weird problem but I'd try the obvious first.

scam8ron

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
iPad keeps restarting - same problem

I have been getting the same problem over the last five days. I have tried resetting (home and top button together) which sometimes helps for a while, but without that it keeps cycling to the Apple logo.
After a couple of goes at that I did a full restore, with better functioning for a short while, but I have now identified that whenever I try to watch video - sometimes after 10 - 20 min, sometimes much sooner, the screen flashes to a stripey white, then black, then the logo, and just stays there. Resetting, waiting a while, then restarting can allow me to use other apps, but if I start up YouTube, or the video player, pretty soon the flash to black occurs again.
Time to go to the Apple Store?:(

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I have been getting the same problem over the last five days. I have tried resetting (home and top button together) which sometimes helps for a while, but without that it keeps cycling to the Apple logo.
After a couple of goes at that I did a full restore, with better functioning for a short while, but I have now identified that whenever I try to watch video - sometimes after 10 - 20 min, sometimes much sooner, the screen flashes to a stripey white, then black, then the logo, and just stays there. Resetting, waiting a while, then restarting can allow me to use other apps, but if I start up YouTube, or the video player, pretty soon the flash to black occurs again.

Maybe you need to do a full restore and setup as new to see if it's hardware issue.

scam8ron

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
Maybe you need to do a full restore and setup as new to see if it's hardware issue.

Yeah, I did that. It didn't help. Definitely a hardware issue.
Spoke to AppleCare today, and they arranged for me to get a replacement iPad2, which I am restoring from backup as I type.
Thanks for the advice.:)

JillianHarris

Suspended
Aug 30, 2019
Reset to factory settings
To reset go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase All Content and Settings. Warning: This will delete all data on the iPad.

Macintoshrumors

Suspended
Oct 18, 2016
iPad keeps restarting - same problem

I had the same issue, turns out updating to the current firmware via iTunes on my mac fixed the issue. Institutions on how to do so are easy to find on google or youtube.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.