Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:21 AM   #1
spikescot2005
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Scotland, Glasgow
iPad keeps restarting

I have an iPad that keeps restarting.

I see the Apple logo then here the bleep, a blank screen and then the Apple logo again.

Any ideas?
spikescot2005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:57 AM   #2
caubeck
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikescot2005 View Post
I have an iPad that keeps restarting.

I see the Apple logo then here the bleep, a blank screen and then the Apple logo again.

Any ideas?
Restore to last update point? Full restore? Home button and top button at the same time for 20 seconds or so?

Sounds like a weird problem but I'd try the obvious first.
caubeck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 10:59 AM   #3
scam8ron
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Unhappy iPad keeps restarting - same problem

I have been getting the same problem over the last five days. I have tried resetting (home and top button together) which sometimes helps for a while, but without that it keeps cycling to the Apple logo.
After a couple of goes at that I did a full restore, with better functioning for a short while, but I have now identified that whenever I try to watch video - sometimes after 10 - 20 min, sometimes much sooner, the screen flashes to a stripey white, then black, then the logo, and just stays there. Resetting, waiting a while, then restarting can allow me to use other apps, but if I start up YouTube, or the video player, pretty soon the flash to black occurs again.
Time to go to the Apple Store?
scam8ron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 01:06 PM   #4
doboy
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by scam8ron View Post
I have been getting the same problem over the last five days. I have tried resetting (home and top button together) which sometimes helps for a while, but without that it keeps cycling to the Apple logo.
After a couple of goes at that I did a full restore, with better functioning for a short while, but I have now identified that whenever I try to watch video - sometimes after 10 - 20 min, sometimes much sooner, the screen flashes to a stripey white, then black, then the logo, and just stays there. Resetting, waiting a while, then restarting can allow me to use other apps, but if I start up YouTube, or the video player, pretty soon the flash to black occurs again.
Time to go to the Apple Store?
Maybe you need to do a full restore and setup as new to see if it's hardware issue.
__________________
iPhone 2G, 3GS, 4, & 6 | 15" MB Pro & 13" MBA | Apple TV2 | iPad 1, 2, 3, Air (kept), & rMini (returned) | GSIII, Note II, & LG G2

Thank you Steve for
doboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 07:37 AM   #5
scam8ron
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy View Post
Maybe you need to do a full restore and setup as new to see if it's hardware issue.
Yeah, I did that. It didn't help. Definitely a hardware issue.
Spoke to AppleCare today, and they arranged for me to get a replacement iPad2, which I am restoring from backup as I type.
Thanks for the advice.
scam8ron is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: iPad Air restarting (blue screen of death) NovemberWhiskey iPad 0 May 18, 2014 03:17 AM
Resolved: iPad loses WiFi connection after restarting cosrocket iPad 1 Dec 23, 2012 10:18 AM
Apple TV Restarting Itself James Godfrey Apple TV and Home Theater 1 Aug 9, 2012 07:23 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC