Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acdninjapan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
The Beaches Tokyo Japan
I know that you all support the Seti and Stanford U folding projects here but, are there any other worthwhile projects besides these 2? I'm curious as to what is out there...

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Yeah there are a bunch of other less popular ones, I know another one wants to show that a million computers over a few years can crack encryption...

Another works cancer directly... and yeah... a few, but we want to make sure you join one of our worthwhile teams.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
mc68k said:
g4 processors kick ass at the rc5 project. the mac team xlr8yourmac is currently gaining ~30-40K blocks a day on the number 4 team and could use all the mac help it could get. the macs running the rc5 client do not have to be connected to the net.

my stats for the rc5 project

So, there all your computing power is going to. I was wondering what you did with all your power since you left FAH (or at least most of your processing power). Can't persuade you to FAH again with everything you got?

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Dreadnought said:
So, there all your computing power is going to. I was wondering what you did with all your power since you left FAH (or at least most of your processing power). Can't persuade you to FAH again with everything you got?
the macs might come back to FAH when xlr8 catches the GHN-- there won't be much of a goal in the #4 spot cause the top 3 teams way outpower our team

the macs didnt really add very much power compared to the PCs. the real reason my power droppped was that i gave the PC lab here to Rower so i could have the macs for crunching. i think the total amount of macs that left is above 60. most of those in the 700-1.2 GHz range

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.