Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:42 PM   #1
Koolg223
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 Sleep Button Problem

I've owned my iPhone 4 for a couple of months now and up until a week ago, my sleep button has worked perfectly and has only been a tiny bit loose (no rattle or anything, I can move it back and forth slightly if I use my fingernails). Recently I've started to notice that when I leave my iPhone for a minute or two, then press the sleep button, it depresses first then actually clicks. After I use the button once, the problem goes away until I leave it for a minute or two again. It's as if the button and the microswitch are separating. The issues keeps going away for a day or two, then coming back. My theory is that it may be caused by dust getting between the button and the microswitch below it. I just recently was able to blow the button out with canned air, and I'm hoping that will fix it for good, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix? If it is a problem with the button, it will be difficult to replicate, so I doubt I'll get much from Apple.
Koolg223 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 02:52 PM   #2
Koolg223
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolg223 View Post
I've owned my iPhone 4 for a couple of months now and up until a week ago, my sleep button has worked perfectly and has only been a tiny bit loose (no rattle or anything, I can move it back and forth slightly if I use my fingernails). Recently I've started to notice that when I leave my iPhone for a minute or two, then press the sleep button, it depresses first then actually clicks. After I use the button once, the problem goes away until I leave it for a minute or two again. It's as if the button and the microswitch are separating. The issues keeps going away for a day or two, then coming back. My theory is that it may be caused by dust getting between the button and the microswitch below it. I just recently was able to blow the button out with canned air, and I'm hoping that will fix it for good, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix? If it is a problem with the button, it will be difficult to replicate, so I doubt I'll get much from Apple.
bump
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:55 AM   #3
BUFFBOY
macrumors regular

take to apple store for a swap.
mine is perfect
BUFFBOY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Koolg223
macrumors newbie

Helpful advice guys... thanks a ton.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting