Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:30 AM   #1
stingray
macrumors newbie

AMD Radeon HD5770 with official AMD driver

Hi all,

I just installed Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium on my new 6-core Mac Pro with Boot Camp. So far no problems, except that I can't install the official Catalyst drivers from AMD/ATI's homepage - the installation goes through, however it fails with en error saying that the Video Driver couldn't be installed. I previously installed all Boot Camp drivers.

Anyone had the same problems already? I need the official AMD drivers because I have more than one display and want to group them with Eyefinity for gaming.

Thanx in advance,
CJ
stingray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2010, 01:43 AM   #2
stingray
macrumors newbie

Hi!

Uninstalling all ATI drivers and reinstalling from scratch didn't help - somehow the latest ATI display driver has an issue with the Mac Pro - however what helped was intalling the shipped Apple ATI driver (from Bootcamp) AFTER installing the latest official drivers - that way only the control manager installed first and after the error message the ATI driver that Apple delivers installed fine. So now I have an Eyefinity display array working flawlessly over 2 displays!

Maybe installing only the control center after the Bootcamp drivers would have also worked.

Cheers,
CJ
stingray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2010, 02:12 AM   #3
aki
macrumors 6502a

Great to hear you got it working the way you wanted. Bit disappoitning that video card manfacturers aren't yet writing their drivers taking mac hardware into account (bootcamp is pretty common these days).

Oh well.
aki is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac