Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

122542-ilife_germany_oct_20_500.jpg

As noted by 9 to 5 Mac, the page for iLife '09 on the German Amazon site has been updated to list an availability date of this Wednesday, October 20th, the day of Apple's "Back to the Mac" media event.

It is frequently difficult to assess the reliability of Amazon's item listings for unreleased Apple products, as the company frequently posts placeholders and other estimates based on its expectations for future releases rather than true inside knowledge. But with just two days to go before Apple's media event, the development is certainly being seen as an indication that we may see an iLife revamp.

Amazon has been a frequent source for iLife claims in recent weeks, including iLife '11 pages briefly appearing in early September, and iLife '11 book listings appearing on the German site earlier this month. iLife '09 and iWork '09 were also noted to be backordered at Best Buy over the weekend, adding further hints regarding a potential update. Rumors of iLife kicked into high gear in late July with rumors of a revamp coming in August, but the rumored timeframe obviously didn't come to pass.

9 to 5 Mac also notes that Amazon's U.S. site is showing a price of $49.99 for iLife, although it is difficult to gauge whether this represents a change in Apple's list price for the software from its current $79, as Amazon's prices have long varied significantly up and down over time while remaining below Apple's list price.

Article Link: Amazon's German Site Notes October 20th iLife Ship Date

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT
I'm excited for the Back To Mac presentation, and see what kind of goodness we will get in Mac OS X 10.7, iLife and iWork :)

I can handle it all, but will my wallet ?

freelancing

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Amazon has done this before and been totally wrong. Last year, they had placeholders for iLife '10. Note that there has never been an iLife '10. I think it's speculation by an overzealous staff member.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C5115c Safari/6533.18.5)

I'd like to see some apps a bit more streamlined like their iOS counterparts. Maybe 64-bit? I liked that rumor about bringing more iLife apps to iOS. Please make it happen!

jayman99

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2009
I really have high hopes for this event! Hopefully Apple sticks to the "Mac" for this event. 10.7 would be great to see an introduction of, iLife '11 will be much welcomed, updated notebooks. Touch enable computers would be interesting to see, but it is not high on my list right now. A hybrid computer/touchscreen I don't see happening for another couple of years. I mean, Apple could release it this week, but I don't think it will be fully fleshed out and completely accepted by the mainstream for at least a few years. Right now it is great having a computer and having a separate touchscreen device. I am really looking forward to a 10.7 preview and iLife '11/iWork '11. Hopefully they host a live stream like the last event! :)

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Here's hoping it will all be recompiled as 64-bit apps. Need to take advantage of the current hardware and Snow Leopard.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Yum iLife 2011 and Lion. And unless Snow Leopard was already compiled with LLVM (Xcode 4 preview feature), Lion mite be even faster.

Though for iLife i wonder what new features they could add, it already does everything quite well without being over complicated.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Although the German site has '09, iLife 11 will more than likely be release and the Oct Back to Mac venue seems to be a good place to make that announcement as many have speculated.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Yum iLife 2011 and Lion. And unless Snow Leopard was already compiled with LLVM (Xcode 4 preview feature), Lion mite be even faster.

Though for iLife i wonder what new features they could add, it already does everything quite well without being over complicated.

That is the problem, iLife keeps the number of features low for ease of use but then you get frustraited that it can't do something simple. For example Garage Band cn't send MIDI back to a keyboard. All other software like it can. There are a lot of things like this. iPhoto could allow a bit more editing features too

They could also add some other apps to the package. For example a basic vector drawing program

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
i hope they update ilife in some form. faces needs to be improved a lot. imovie sucks.

they also should get rid of the year version number and use generic version numbers since they update only every 2 years now.

Corbin052198

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2010
Amazon needs to work on this if this has happened more than once. :D

But seriously, this is great news. A new mix of iMovie HD and iMovie 8 would be cool, but unlikely. I use iWeb the most, can't wait to see those improvements.

Corbin052198

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2010
:D A translation....

61-k%2BekDJBL._AA1114_.jpg

919mdhUaH9L._AA1500_.jpg

Product section:
Product Dimensions: 14 x 14 x 2 cm, 118 g
ASIN: B001P80F9W
Release Date: January 2009
Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews ( 21 customer reviews )
Amazon Bestsellers Weight: 128 in Software ( See Top 100 in Software )
No. 4 Software > Digital photography > DVD
No. 4 Software > Video & Music > Video Editing for Professionals
# 14 in Software > Graphics & Imaging
Would you like to update product information , images, give feedback or give us a better price information about ?
Information:
System requirements
Platform: Mac OS X
Media: DVD-ROM

Translation of the Page: Google Translate

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Anyone know if the event on Wednesday will have a live stream?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.