Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Hi-

I am not familiar with CSS language or whatsoever. I don't understand 90% of all the codings for those cool lockscreen and those cool widgets on the homescreen. But i know how to, by trial-and-error, some things work and modify from there...

cut the long story short, i read up on CSS a little bit, particularly about the -webkit functions, such as -transform, -animation, -blahblahblah, and i find it super interesting.

Now i see ppl here use webkit-transform: rotate for LS before, so i was wondering if other commands are usable as well, such as -hover (maybe hover your finger over the time to make it bigger??) or webkit-keyframe-pulse (pulsing animation?)

so anyway before i lost all of the readers, clear my naivity in my questions: can we do all of these that are done on the safari, but on our phone?

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
hover is going to be a difficult one to implement I think, as there isn't a mouse cursor per se for the LockScreen.

You should just give it a go to see what happens, and then let us know?

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
lol ok, but as i mentioned, i know as much about CSS as how to harvest energy from cosmic rays to power the developing world@!

i thought maybe the experts out there could, or might already have tried and share their success and/or failures.

nonetheless, i will try to exercise my brain this weekend with this project but chime in advice anytime! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.