CSS and webkit functions and iphone lockscreen/homescreen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gapperonduty, Nov 1, 2010.

1. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2010

I am not familiar with CSS language or whatsoever. I don't understand 90% of all the codings for those cool lockscreen and those cool widgets on the homescreen. But i know how to, by trial-and-error, some things work and modify from there...

cut the long story short, i read up on CSS a little bit, particularly about the -webkit functions, such as -transform, -animation, -blahblahblah, and i find it super interesting.

Now i see ppl here use webkit-transform: rotate for LS before, so i was wondering if other commands are usable as well, such as -hover (maybe hover your finger over the time to make it bigger??) or webkit-keyframe-pulse (pulsing animation?)

so anyway before i lost all of the readers, clear my naivity in my questions: can we do all of these that are done on the safari, but on our phone?
  2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

Nov 7, 2009
    In your basement
    hover is going to be a difficult one to implement I think, as there isn't a mouse cursor per se for the LockScreen.

You should just give it a go to see what happens, and then let us know?
  3. gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2010
    lol ok, but as i mentioned, i know as much about CSS as how to harvest energy from cosmic rays to power the developing world@!

i thought maybe the experts out there could, or might already have tried and share their success and/or failures.

nonetheless, i will try to exercise my brain this weekend with this project but chime in advice anytime! :)