Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
Analock HD WinterBoard Theme
By Andy9l

Update: New weather icon feature implemented. You configure to show or hide this in the config settings very easily! Uses 'Tick' weather icon set
Update: Shorter hour hand instead of minute. Apologies for not double checking in the first place...
Update: All four colours of slider button now included. Instructions on how to use at the bottom of this post!
Update: You may now completely turn off weather fetching to avoid data usage! See below for instructions...
Update: Safari config via file:///Library/Themes/AnalockHD.theme/config.html

Suffering "the 12 o'clock bug"? Fix it here.

Download & Install Guide
Follow install instructions carefully!

Analock HD is now available for download directly via Cydia!

No need to add another source, simply search Cydia for 'Analock HD' and install it now! If you already have this installed, please consider re-installing via Cydia as you will receive updates automatically - that would make both our lives easier now wouldn't it?

Over 12,000 downloads so far!

Description:

A professional looking analogue (Analock) lockscreen with custom slider. The date is also shown on an old style scroller and of course the temperature, along with your location, is displayed neatly in the corner. This lockscreen allows for your own background to be set via iPhone settings as usual (re-spring on change)!

Donations hugely appreciated:
I have been suggested to add this by friends and members of this forum.

Highly Customisable:
  • Choose from four different colours of second hand and temperature! Simply choose from red, orange, green or blue in the configuration and the rest is done for you!
  • Change the text shown in the clock face!
  • Change your location via Yahoo WOEID
  • Change the temperature unit (F or C)
  • Change the update time of the weather, or turn it off completely
  • Change to numeric clock instead of roman numerals

Screenshots:

Changing the colour dot on the slider:

iPhone 4 users:

To do the same on a 3G or 3GS, do the same steps as above but with the bottombarknobgray_colour.png (the one without @2x).

Turning Weather Fetching Off:
(No data usage mode)

Go to the config page: file:///Library/Themes/AnalockHD.theme/config.html
Set the weather update to 'Never' :)

Please feel free to use my work in any of your own themes. Enjoy!

Last edited:

phillipsteak

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2008
i tried installing and configuring everything but all i got was the clock at 12 o clock, black spots where the dates are supposed to be and portsmouth as the city

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
Very nicely done! Saw your scripts. One of the more well built script themes out there!

I wouldn't go that far, but thanks ;)

This is...wow.

You are awesome!

Thanks for the positive comment!

Wow!
Awesome work!

Might install winterboard just for this
Is weather changed via SSH?

Wow, that good huh? Yes weather is changed via SSH - a very simple setting change in Analock.js (almost the top line). Instructions inside that file, of course. I couldn't live without OpenSSH regardless of themes though.

This is freaking awesome. I love it!

Thanks Ice-Cube, glad you like it :)

is this iphone 4 only?

im stupid :) answer is yes

Sorry!

Err - not entirely sure. It was built optimised for the iP4 but only graphics-wise. Try it, it won't do any harm (it may look horrible!) and I'd love a Beta tester :)

i tried installing and configuring everything but all i got was the clock at 12 o clock, black spots where the dates are supposed to be and portsmouth as the city

Post your configuration settings please, pasted from your Analock.js file. You've probably cut out a string/line ending ; .

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
amazing lockscreen. easy to modify with the good instructions!

i had to hide the slider through lockinfo however because the "slide to unlock" text was showing up.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
amazing lockscreen. easy to modify with the good instructions!

i had to hide the slider through lockinfo however because the "slide to unlock" text was showing up.

Thank-you for the comments :)

Ensure that Analock HD is at the top of your Winterboard theme list, the 'slide to xxxx' strings are all removed (or at least should be!) when using Analock HD.

If you have another theme which is setting SB strings it may be conflicting. Strings are found in ../Themes[xxxxxx]/ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/[lang].lproj/SpringBoard.strings

I have just confirmed the above on my own device. A fresh install of Analock disables all 'slide to xxxx' text.

Last edited:

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
Thank-you for the comments :)

Ensure that Analock HD is at the top of your Winterboard theme list, the 'slide to xxxx' strings are all removed (or at least should be!) when using Analock HD.

If you have another theme which is setting SB strings it may be conflicting. Strings are found in ../Themes[xxxxxx]/ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/[lang].lproj/SpringBoard.strings

I have just confirmed the above on my own device. A fresh install of Analock disables all 'slide to xxxx' text.

thanks for the tip, though it didnt work for me.

i checked the strings in your theme, and they are all how they should be (all blank except 'slide to power off'), i made sure it's on the top, and disabled all my other themes and it's still there. i didnt do a fresh install because i just downloaded the theme from mobile safari, extracted it, then copied the folder to my themes folder.

not that big of a deal, the lockscreen is now my favorite, just wanted to report this issue just in case others are also experiencing it.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
thanks for the tip, though it didnt work for me.

i checked the strings in your theme, and they are all how they should be (all blank except 'slide to power off'), i made sure it's on the top, and disabled all my other themes and it's still there. i didnt do a fresh install because i just downloaded the theme from mobile safari, extracted it, then copied the folder to my themes folder.

not that big of a deal, the lockscreen is now my favorite, just wanted to report this issue just in case others are also experiencing it.

It is a big deal - I want it working for you! I'll continue to try to resolve it for you, I'd also like to hear from anyone else suffering the same issue.
Try enabling SummerBoard mode in WinterBoard?

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
I assume you've already tried, but try rebooting your iPhone.

You mentioned that you installed via mobile Safari. Try reinstalling using the following steps;

• Download Analock HD to your PC/Mac via the download link
  • Unzip it and edit Analock.js
  • Use an FTP client and delete Analock HD from your phone via SSH
  • Now upload the newly downloaded Analock HD.theme
  • Enable via WinterBoard, place at the top of the theme list

Tomple

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
New York, New York
474691147d8b67abac32

Resizing the background and slider as we speak :)

Attachments

• photo.png
    photo.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 192

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
I don't want to sound nitpicky because I love the theme but could you make a png of the hour hand that is smaller than the minute hand? I find it tough to read the time with them the same size, even though they are different colours. If you can do this then I think 75% of its current length should be fine, or whatever the standard length is if any. Other than that it's awesome and thanks.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
got it to work. just redownloaded and edited it again. looks awesome!

Glad to hear :)

:D I love this looks great with every wallpaper I've tried it with so far.

It does look sexy on most wallpapers I've tried too! Enjoy!

Ive tried for a while now but i just cant get this to work on my 3GS :mad:

guess ill have to install winterboard on my 4 :rolleyes:

Ah, sorry my friend. I don't have access to an iPod Touch and I sold off my 3G and 3GS to colleagues. What are you complaining about anyway - WB on the iPhone 4 is stunning! :p

I don't want to sound nitpicky because I love the theme but could you make a png of the hour hand that is smaller than the minute hand? I find it tough to read the time with them the same size, even though they are different colours. If you can do this then I think 75% of its current length should be fine, or whatever the standard length is if any. Other than that it's awesome and thanks.

I realised this myself last night, I will eventually update the image. I'll post here when I've changed it and will update the download links with the new files.

Thanks for the comments, all kind of feedback is much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.