Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agallowa

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
Any chance u can provide a download link that will work with ifile? I can't open your theme using it and it's my only method currently. I'm dying to use it thanks and kudos on the great work.

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
whao...thank you very much!

spent hours before today changing around another LOCKscreen to fit my taste, and when i thought i was happy and satisfied, your lockscreen came along and kick mine out of the window! LOL

anyway, is there a way you could also incorporate weathericons to it, or could you teach me roughly how to incorporate the weathericon, say from the LS Rice Wine HD theme from Mr. LEXS1411, into yours?

:) no offense to both authors if my request seems harsh! :)

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
Any chance u can provide a download link that will work with ifile? I can't open your theme using it and it's my only method currently. I'm dying to use it thanks and kudos on the great work.

I don't use iFile and don't intend on doing so. I would like to fix the problem for you though but will need some more information about what exactly is causing the problem?

whao...thank you very much!

spent hours before today changing around another LOCKscreen to fit my taste, and when i thought i was happy and satisfied, your lockscreen came along and kick mine out of the window! LOL

anyway, is there a way you could also incorporate weathericons to it, or could you teach me roughly how to incorporate the weathericon, say from the LS Rice Wine HD theme from Mr. LEXS1411, into yours?

:) no offense to both authors if my request seems harsh! :)

A weather image/icon was something I didn't think would fit this particular screen, but I will add a 'show weather image' function/setting this evening/tomorrow ready for download so people may choose to display a weather image or not. I won't steal LEXS icons so it may take me a while to find some decent/fitting ones :)

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
A weather image/icon was something I didn't think would fit this particular screen, but I will add a 'show weather image' function/setting this evening/tomorrow ready for download so people may choose to display a weather image or not. I won't steal LEXS icons so it may take me a while to find some decent/fitting ones :)

A million thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
Alright guys - updated the theme code to allow for weather images, courtesy of whoever created the 'Tick' weather icon set :rolleyes:

Enjoy, and let me know of any dreaded bugs.

WorldIRC

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2005
Alright guys - updated the theme code to allow for weather images, courtesy of whoever created the 'Tick' weather icon set :rolleyes:

Enjoy, and let me know of any dreaded bugs.

You should set up a PayPal donation link if its allowed.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Very very nice work! I would have gone with a different name, though - not a huge fan of anal-ock... :)

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
You should set up a PayPal donation link if its allowed.

I have done just that :)
Thank-you for the comment.

Very very nice work! I would have gone with a different name, though - not a huge fan of anal-ock... :)

It's supposed to be a clever play on the way we say 'Analogue', very similar to 'Analock', with the 'lock' referencing the lockscreen :rolleyes:

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Wow. Just installed this. It is beautiful and now it is my lockscreen! Great code, installed after editing js and didn't have to go back in to change a thing. Only one minor cosmetic request...The two shades for minute and hour hands is cool, but could the hour hand be just a little shorter as in most analog watches? Just a thought. Here's mine and a donation is on the way...

Attachments

• photo (5).PNG
    photo (5).PNG
    602.5 KB · Views: 76

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
Wow. Just installed this. It is beautiful and now it is my lockscreen! Great code, installed after editing js and didn't have to go back in to change a thing. Only one minor cosmetic request...The two shades for minute and hour hands is cool, but could the hour hand be just a little shorter as in most analog watches? Just a thought. Here's mine and a donation is on the way...

Thanks for the positive feedback!
I will get the shorter hour hand uploaded this evening for everyone. You're not the first to request this.

agallowa

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
It downloads fine but when using file after it downloads it usually gives you the option to open the zip using ifile and then going from there. After downloading your theme it doesn't give you the option of opening it using the ifile app. I don't know why if you don't plan on using ifile or adjusting it to support it I understand. I'll just have to admire other peoples lock screen :( awesome work regardless though thanks for the reply

I don't use iFile and don't intend on doing so. I would like to fix the problem for you though but will need some more information about what exactly is causing

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
It downloads fine but when using file after it downloads it usually gives you the option to open the zip using ifile and then going from there. After downloading your theme it doesn't give you the option of opening it using the ifile app. I don't know why if you don't plan on using ifile or adjusting it to support it I understand. I'll just have to admire other peoples lock screen :( awesome work regardless though thanks for the reply

Is there no way you can just upload to your phone via SSH? It's all free to do.
Have you tried again since the first time of trying? I don't know exactly how iFile works so I'm a little lost on what to try I'm afraid.

agallowa

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
No I don't use ssh that's the problem. I dot kniw it doesn't upload using Ifile I thought u might know o well. Maybe someone else out there knows how to make it work

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX

I don't use iFile and don't intend on doing so. I would like to fix the problem for you though but will need some more information about what exactly is causing

Can you download it on pc or mac and then email it to your phone? You should be able to save the attached zip file via the "save to disk" dialogue that pops up when you touch the attachment. From there, open iFile and move the zip to your themes folder and unzip it.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
If' I've already got this installed and customized, what file(s) do I need to pull over to get the updates only? (Shorter minute hand mainly)

agallowa

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
I tried that bit when I open the email and try to view the attachment nothing happens. I click it and that's it, nada.
Can you download it on pc or mac and then email it to your phone? You should be able to save the attached zip file via the "save to disk" dialogue that pops up when you touch the attachment. From there, open iFile and move the zip to your themes folder and unzip it.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
whoa you work fast...

thank you bery bery much!

When I've got the time ;)

How did you get the shorter minute hand already? I didn't see an update for that!

Not an official update ... until now! Must've taken it into his own .. hands; excuse the pun.

If' I've already got this installed and customized, what file(s) do I need to pull over to get the updates only? (Shorter minute hand mainly)

I've literally this minute uploaded the shorter minute hand update. As opposed to gapperonduty's image, my shorter hand will stay central (if you check his/her screenshot closely you will notice a slight offset which isn't perfect enough for this theme)!

Please re-download. If you have downloaded recently, the only change will be the minute hand file which is found in Analock HD.theme/images/MinuteHand.png. You can just upload the MinuteHand.png file to save your time editing the config file again.

Last edited:

Tomple

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
New York, New York
When I've got the time ;)

Not an official update ... until now! Must've taken it into his own .. hands; excuse the pun.

I've literally this minute uploaded the shorter minute hand update. As opposed to gapperonduty's image, my shorter hand will stay central (if you check his/her screenshot closely you will notice a slight offset which isn't perfect enough for this theme)!

Please re-download. If you have downloaded recently, the only change will be the minute hand file which is found in Analock HD.theme/images/MinuteHand.png. You can just upload the MinuteHand.png file to save your time editing the config file again.

Wow, quick and great work! Keep it up :)

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
Please note. The hour hand has now been made the shorter hand. This is since the minute hand shortening update.

Sorry for the confusion, serves me right for not double checking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.