Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:26 AM   #1
chogall
macrumors newbie

Set up alarm for To-Do tasks

Hi,

I would like to set up an alarm for a ToDo task. And so far, the only way I found is to use iCal in the iPhone. But in iCal, it's more meant for events, since there is a start and end time.

What if you just need to remember something and want to set an alarm for this ? Using iCal and set startTime = endTime (because it's not an event, it's just something to remember to do) doesn't really make sense, although it's possible to use it that way.

I remember on the previous old phones, you could specify if the reason of your alarm is an event or a ToDo task, but I can't find it on the iPhone.

Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks.
chogall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Rookie1986
macrumors 6502

So the iCal "event" thing does exactly what you need it to do..... but you want to find another way to do it that doesn't use iCal because u want it to be some sort of "To-Do alarm" and not an event alarm??

Errrrm???

Maybe try and find a more advance alarm app that offers some type of alarm system for tasks and events.

Or....

Just use iCal??

/Rookie
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:38 AM   #3
chogall
macrumors newbie

Sure I can use iCal, that's what I've done til now.
But I just hoped Mac would propose a ToDo list thing with his iPhone, instead of using the concept of an event starting at time A and finishing at time B where B > A.
chogall is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Tags
alarm, ical, task list, todo