Set up alarm for To-Do tasks

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chogall, Nov 18, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi,

I would like to set up an alarm for a ToDo task. And so far, the only way I found is to use iCal in the iPhone. But in iCal, it's more meant for events, since there is a start and end time.

What if you just need to remember something and want to set an alarm for this ? Using iCal and set startTime = endTime (because it's not an event, it's just something to remember to do) doesn't really make sense, although it's possible to use it that way.

I remember on the previous old phones, you could specify if the reason of your alarm is an event or a ToDo task, but I can't find it on the iPhone.

Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502

So the iCal "event" thing does exactly what you need it to do..... but you want to find another way to do it that doesn't use iCal because u want it to be some sort of "To-Do alarm" and not an event alarm??

Errrrm???

Maybe try and find a more advance alarm app that offers some type of alarm system for tasks and events.

Or....

Just use iCal??

/Rookie

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure I can use iCal, that's what I've done til now.
    But I just hoped Mac would propose a ToDo list thing with his iPhone, instead of using the concept of an event starting at time A and finishing at time B where B > A.