Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:31 AM   #1
Torgam
macrumors newbie

Internet connection lost every few minutes

Hello everybody,

a few days ago I noticed that my Late 2009 Macbook seemed to lose its internet connection every few minutes just for a couple of seconds only to reconnect. I have no idea why this problem suddenly started occurring, I had not not modified any hardware or software. Strangely enough, this happens whether I use Wifi (at work) or Mobile Broadband via USB ( at home) so I don't think it can be blamed on the internet connection. Stranger still, I should probably not be talking of losing my internet connection but of not being able to access the internet: While again being in a few seconds of slump, I checked my Mobile Broadband Manager and it was not disconnected, upstream traffic was occurring! Just the downstream was at zero. I run windows with bootcamp on the same Mac and there the internet works without trouble. I have all the newest updates installed. Any advice is more than welcome!
Torgam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:58 AM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgam View Post
Hello everybody,

a few days ago I noticed that my Late 2009 Macbook seemed to lose its internet connection every few minutes just for a couple of seconds only to reconnect. I have no idea why this problem suddenly started occurring, ...
If you were really losing your connection, then it is much more likely that you would lose the upstream than the downstream. My guess is that you are just a worry-wart and that there is nothing wrong.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 02:09 AM   #3
Torgam
macrumors newbie

I am not an idiot. I notice that something happens to the internet connection because MSN and Skype disconnect at the same time and all websites fail to load EVERY FEW MINUTES.
Torgam is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X