Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 5, 2010, 07:35 PM   #1
ajmac25
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Thumbs up Great Sleeve/Case for Macbook Air

I bought a new MBA the week it came out and could not find a case. While I was in San Fran, I stumbled on these guys. Great case, semi-custom made. Great service and great protection. I would buy from them again. Here is their website and options you can chose.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleev...leevecases.php
ajmac25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 07:59 PM   #2
deedas
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Send a message via ICQ to deedas Send a message via AIM to deedas Send a message via MSN to deedas Send a message via Yahoo to deedas Send a message via Skype™ to deedas
I have 17" messenger bag from them. Good stuff.
__________________
MBA 13" 2.13GHz, 250GB 4GB | iPad 2 16GB | A workhorse PC | TV (though honestly my Roku XS is worlds better) | iPhone 4 16GB
deedas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:28 PM   #3
rubberwheels
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I have their suede 11.6 sleeve from them. i love it!
rubberwheels is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 05:28 PM   #4
teski
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Yup, Gary and the team at Waterfield Designs do a phenomenal job with their products and customer service! There are a ton of happy customer postings on these forums.
teski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 06:22 PM   #5
bella92108
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Unhappy SF Bags\Waterfield Customer here... I ordered the $25 (minus 25% off coupon) RadTech sleeve and it's AMAZING, 10x better than the SFBags Sleeve, and you can have whatever color you want, and it doesn't have the annoying fingerloops!

I HIGHLY recommend Radtech, and search, there's promo codes for discounts, and they ship in 1-2 days! Much more customer-friendly company, and more cutting edge designs. :-)
bella92108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:10 AM   #6
teski
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella92108 View Post
Unhappy SF Bags\Waterfield Customer here... I ordered the $25 (minus 25% off coupon) RadTech sleeve and it's AMAZING, 10x better than the SFBags Sleeve, and you can have whatever color you want, and it doesn't have the annoying fingerloops!

I HIGHLY recommend Radtech, and search, there's promo codes for discounts, and they ship in 1-2 days! Much more customer-friendly company, and more cutting edge designs. :-)
How would you know? You've never had a Waterfield sleeve to compare to. I laugh because you talk about their designs yet they were good enough for you to order one. You had an off customer experience (which I don't think we've been told the complete story for both sides), and now their designs are not good? Yet nearly every post and thread about Gary and Waterfield is glowing not only on this forum but on others as well...Hmm...
teski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:11 AM   #7
bella92108
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by teski View Post
How would you know? You've never had a Waterfield sleeve to compare to. I laugh because you talk about their designs yet they were good enough for you to order one. You had an off customer experience (which I don't think we've been told the complete story for both sides), and now their designs are not good? Yet nearly every post and thread about Gary and Waterfield is glowing not only on this forum but on others as well...Hmm...
And? I was simply sharing my poor experience with one company and great experience with another. Go troll elsewhere. I contributed good info to the thread, you did not.
bella92108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:13 AM   #8
teski
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella92108 View Post
And? I was simply sharing my poor experience with one company and great experience with another. Go troll elsewhere. I contributed good info to the thread, you did not.
No, you contributed good AND bad info. Your post about Radtech was great...Good recommendation. But your post on Waterfield is inaccurate and incomplete. You know it, and other pointed it out in your original thread. That's fine if you want to call me a troll...But...
teski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:16 AM   #9
bella92108
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by teski View Post
No, you contributed good AND bad info. Your post about Radtech was great...Good recommendation. But your post on Waterfield is inaccurate and incomplete. You know it, and other pointed it out in your original thread. That's fine if you want to call me a troll...But...
NO, see that's where you're wrong. YOUR and MOST might have good experiences with them. *I* did NOT. I simply pointed out that MY experience was bad with SFBAGS and good with RADTECH. You took it as an insult because your bias to toward SFBAGS so anyone saying anything negative (even if true like my experience), you get defensive. Not sure why you are like that. I drive a Toyota... sure people can say they had a bad experience with toyota, I've had a good one, but I don't attack them telling them their bad experience was their fault or made up or irrelevant.
bella92108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:20 AM   #10
teski
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella92108 View Post
NO, see that's where you're wrong. YOUR and MOST might have good experiences with them. *I* did NOT. I simply pointed out that MY experience was bad with SFBAGS and good with RADTECH. You took it as an insult because your bias to toward SFBAGS so anyone saying anything negative (even if true like my experience), you get defensive. Not sure why you are like that. I drive a Toyota... sure people can say they had a bad experience with toyota, I've had a good one, but I don't attack them telling them their bad experience was their fault or made up or irrelevant.
Fair enough and I will say you were civil on this thread about your dissatisfaction. Guess I was just trigger happy from the original thread on this. But you can't tell me that you've never defended a good product, store, or something where you've had nothing but good experiences and someone else disses them in a bit of an extreme manner.
teski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:20 AM   #11
deedas
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Send a message via ICQ to deedas Send a message via AIM to deedas Send a message via MSN to deedas Send a message via Yahoo to deedas Send a message via Skype™ to deedas
Can you explain to us what made it a bad experience?
__________________
MBA 13" 2.13GHz, 250GB 4GB | iPad 2 16GB | A workhorse PC | TV (though honestly my Roku XS is worlds better) | iPhone 4 16GB
deedas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:22 AM   #12
teski
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedas View Post
Can you explain to us what made it a bad experience?
If you run a search on bella's posts, you'll find the entire thread.
teski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:23 AM   #13
bella92108
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedas View Post
Can you explain to us what made it a bad experience?
LOL, we're not going there again. There's other threads explaining what happened. It wasn't that there was an issue with the product, it was just bad interactions with a couple (I'm sure not the norm) customer service reps that were likely stressed. Customers aren't always right, but every customer deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.

I'm sure they make a quality product, and it is nice to see companies still making products in the US, but just like I don't buy Ford because I had a bad experience, my personal opinion of SF Bags isn't great, so I chose to try out RadTech, and it's a great product for a decent price, so a viable alternative.

To each his own, the beauty of the United States is we're free to vote with our wallet for whoever we want (as long as it's not WikkiLeaks apparently, lol)
bella92108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:24 AM   #14
teski
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella92108 View Post
LOL, we're not going there again.

To each his own, the beauty of the United States is we're free to vote with our wallet for whoever we want (as long as it's not WikkiLeaks apparently, lol)
teski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:32 AM   #15
deedas
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Send a message via ICQ to deedas Send a message via AIM to deedas Send a message via MSN to deedas Send a message via Yahoo to deedas Send a message via Skype™ to deedas
Just as I chose Timbuk2 for me this time around. Well for my iPad to be exact but I'm gonna use the same bag for my MBA. Might be a little tight.
__________________
MBA 13" 2.13GHz, 250GB 4GB | iPad 2 16GB | A workhorse PC | TV (though honestly my Roku XS is worlds better) | iPhone 4 16GB
deedas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:34 AM   #16
bella92108
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedas View Post
Just as I chose Timbuk2 for me this time around. Well for my iPad to be exact but I'm gonna use the same bag for my MBA. Might be a little tight.
oh yeah, Timbuk2 is amazing. I got one for my kindle from them, I would LOVE one that's made just for mb air 11" from them :-)
bella92108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:42 AM   #17
deedas
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Send a message via ICQ to deedas Send a message via AIM to deedas Send a message via MSN to deedas Send a message via Yahoo to deedas Send a message via Skype™ to deedas
They're super expensive though, I only bought mine because it was on sale.
__________________
MBA 13" 2.13GHz, 250GB 4GB | iPad 2 16GB | A workhorse PC | TV (though honestly my Roku XS is worlds better) | iPhone 4 16GB
deedas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:28 AM   #18
Pipper99
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmac25 View Post
I bought a new MBA the week it came out and could not find a case. While I was in San Fran, I stumbled on these guys. Great case, semi-custom made. Great service and great protection. I would buy from them again. Here is their website and options you can chose.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleev...leevecases.php
I got my 13" MBA sleevecase last Friday, and I am so pleased with it. It's the nicest looking sleeve that I've seen, and the quality seems quite good. I ordered it on Wednesday, and it wasn't supposed to ship until Friday, but I emailed them asking for an expected delivery date, and they went ahead and shipped it on Wednesday. I didn't ask them for an expedited shipment. They were very quick to respond to my email.
Pipper99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:18 AM   #19
zstar
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I ordered a hard graft sleeve on the 25th of November and made special arrangements to have the item shipment delayed. Customer service was very helpful (albeit slow to reply) and when I requested the item to be shipped, it was done the very next business day. Overall very pleased with their support, I should get mine tommorrow.

Looks great in my opinion too!

http://shop.hardgraft.com/macbook-sl...macbook-sleeve
zstar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:00 AM   #20
smatguy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmac25 View Post
I bought a new MBA the week it came out and could not find a case. While I was in San Fran, I stumbled on these guys. Great case, semi-custom made. Great service and great protection. I would buy from them again. Here is their website and options you can chose.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleev...leevecases.php
AJ...I saw your post and checked out SFBags website. Seemed like Gr8 stuff, so I ordered the Sleevecase for my MBA 13". I received an order n shipping acknowledgment the same day...gotta like that. It's very nice, well made, reasonable priced. I ordered on Saturday and received it on Monday. Everybody oohs and ahhs my Air and equally so the Sleevecase. They'll be getting my business again.
Thx AL and SFbags.......Happy Holidays!!
smatguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:55 AM   #21
potentpotable
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
I don't mean to trash SFBags at every chance, but since we're all posting opinions...

The Suede Sleeve is a waste of money. $25 for something your grandmother can sew in 15 minutes is not worth it. They could've added some aesthetic detail, like stitching, but they chose not to. And the finger loops, which I like, are hastily tacked on and stand out in a bad way.
potentpotable is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:35 AM   #22
D-Love
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Hey all, strongly considering getting the MacBook Air case from SFbags. Last thing I'm considering is to put on the flap or not. On another MacBook I would without question, but the Air is tapered down so thin that I don't think any of the Air would be exposed once the velcro is fastened. If thats the case I don't really see the need for the flap but wanted some opinions from others before I made a final decision
D-Love is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 02:38 AM   #23
robby818
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2007
I chose the horizontal, d rings, leather, and flap. The flap is essential for me to help keep dust out and it's extra insurance to prevent the MBA from falling out of the case. If you are keeping the WF inside a bag maybe it's not necessary but I think if you plan on using it as the only case then I'd get the flap.
robby818 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:42 AM   #24
D-Love
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
I chose the horizontal, d rings, leather, and flap. The flap is essential for me to help keep dust out and it's extra insurance to prevent the MBA from falling out of the case. If you are keeping the WF inside a bag maybe it's not necessary but I think if you plan on using it as the only case then I'd get the flap.
Thanks for the advise!
D-Love is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 03:28 PM   #25
D-Love
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
I chose the horizontal, d rings, leather, and flap. The flap is essential for me to help keep dust out and it's extra insurance to prevent the MBA from falling out of the case. If you are keeping the WF inside a bag maybe it's not necessary but I think if you plan on using it as the only case then I'd get the flap.
One other thing, I'm trying to get a good sense of durability of this sleevecase. I know SF advertises a special version of ballistic nylon, but I'm wondering if it is good enough to protect against any denting if the laptop was ever dropped by accident. I like the Booq Viper hardcase for this reason, but it doesn't ship till Jan 30. Don't really want to wait that long.
D-Love is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Tags
case, macbook air, sleeve

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MacBook Air Sleeve/Case Rec. JLarson MacBook Air 76 Sep 22, 2013 01:44 PM
I made a MacBook Air sleeve/case, and it's not that bad! Orange Furball MacBook Air 6 Aug 3, 2013 06:07 PM
Macbook Air Case or Sleeve? AznTakumi MacBook Air 4 Nov 19, 2012 12:34 AM
MacBook Air sleeve case jmfel1926 MacBook Air 16 Jul 14, 2012 02:58 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC