Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:18 PM   #1
jac23
macrumors newbie

Suddenly my iPhone has decided my WIFI password is incorrect

I've been connected to my home network since I've had my phone, now out of the blue, my iPhone has decided that my password is incorrect, yet it is correct.

My connection is fine on all my laptops, so I know it's not a problem with my internet.

Why has this happened so suddenly and randomly? It just won't accept my correct password.
jac23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:34 PM   #2
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac23 View Post
I've been connected to my home network since I've had my phone, now out of the blue, my iPhone has decided that my password is incorrect, yet it is correct.

My connection is fine on all my laptops, so I know it's not a problem with my internet.

Why has this happened so suddenly and randomly? It just won't accept my correct password.
This has happened to a few people. It's really irritating. The only solutions I would have would be to either restore, or change the password, both of which are really annoying.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:43 PM   #3
Carlanga
macrumors 603

reset the network settings on the iPhone and try it after that....
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:56 PM   #4
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
reset the network settings on the iPhone and try it after that....
Yeah, I suppose you can "Reset Factory Defaults" on the phone.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:59 PM   #5
redwarrior
macrumors 603

I restarted my router with no joy. Then I restarted my phone and the problem went away. Hope you get it resolved soon; I know it's frustrating.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 06:39 PM   #6
Resist
macrumors 68030

This happened to me with an iPhone 3G. It took numerous times of inputting the password into the iPhone before it finally worked. Very annoying indeed.
Resist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Carlanga
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelegacy View Post
Yeah, I suppose you can "Reset Factory Defaults" on the phone.
no no no, just reset network settings NOT factory defaults
you go to General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
Old Dec 12, 2010, 07:14 PM   #8
applefanDrew
macrumors 65816

I just did "forget network" and then re-added it. It's been fine ever since. Try it and see if it works for you.
applefanDrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 06:07 AM   #9
daniele2610
macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My iPhone 4 out of blue decided not to accept the wifi password- it says "wrong password for xxx network" - it's my home one it always worked-

I was away and worked fine for a week in others houses (where the password was stored already) went to other house, tried to connect with passwprd and started saying the pw was wrong - got home last night and didn't connect right away as usual(maybe because I've reset the network when away) so I've put the pw in and again says it's wrong - Of course the password is correct - laptop works fine and iPod touch as well - At work there is a non protected wifi and it connects fine - So looks like the iPhone doesn't accept passwprds for the wifi

I've tryed to reset the network few times, reboot it few times, reset all settings and update the sofware (version 5.0.1) - nothing worked - aw also unpluged and re-pluged the router at home (knowiing wouldn't' help)

PLEASE help, very frustrating - I've seen few people had the same issue but nothing worked.

Thanks
daniele2610 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 06:33 PM   #10
spaghetti head
macrumors member

My home wireless (Netgear WNDR3400) has 2 frequencies, 2.4GHz and 5GHz. My iPhone will only connect to the 2.4GHz, although my wife;s Macbook and iPad will connect to both. My iPhone will occasionally not connect. I go into my wireless router settings and bump the channel one number (it's not set to auto). I find that this makes it so I can connect, and I don't even have to mess with the password or any other settings.
spaghetti head is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:32 PM   #11
dolampochki
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac23 View Post

I had the same problem. I have no idea why this happened, but disabling HTTP proxy worked for my iPhone 3G:

Go to Settings-->Wi-Fi
Hit the blue arrow by your network name
Scroll all the way down to "HTTP Proxy". Your options there are Off, Manual and Auto
Hit "Off"
Go back to Wi-Fi Networks
Choose your network by hitting the network name
Enter your network key when asked for a password
Hit ok
Cross your fingers...
dolampochki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 12:27 AM   #12
madizm83
macrumors newbie

dont restore if u jailbroken, here is the solution and worked for me

here is the solution....just for JB iphone 4s
Iv been searching for a solution myself for more than 24 hours work. Read in a lot of forums and followed everything people say, but it was useless. i lost hope then called apple tech for help and they gave me the same stupid stuff iv been seeing everywhere in internet.

So, i lost hope and i went to cydia trying to see if there something that maybe by chance may work, finally, i installed "Pushfix" and im connected again to wifi.

my problem was that i coudn't connect to 2.4 ghz wifi with a password and keeps saying Incorrect Password over and over gain even im sure its correct.

So give it a shot, install Pushfix and let me know, i believe u can uninstall it after.

madizm83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 10:09 PM   #13
Ann P
macrumors 68020

I've been having this "bug" ever since 6.1.2, it's incredibly annoying. For the most part, adding the wifi name and password manually works.
Ann P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 11:17 PM   #14
madizm83
macrumors newbie

concerning incorrect password

im happy to hear that it worked for you by doing it manually. in my case, i tried many times to do the same but keeps saying "incorrect password". Didi u have ur Wifi set up without a password? because if it is the case, it worked just fine, till i put password encryption like WPA, WPA2 or WEP, it keeps saying incorrect password in my iphone. the only solution that helped me connect is the Push fix tweak from cydia, it restarted the WIFI logs and push notifications.....
madizm83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 04:37 PM   #15
Eddie99
macrumors newbie

Hi could anybody help every time I try to connect my iphone 5 to wifi it keeps saying incorrect password but its not av tried to reset the network but still no look plz help
Eddie99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 08:40 PM   #16
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a

Resetting network settings usually fixes this. Some cases when the wi-fi network is a common name such as Linksys can pose problems.
MrMacMack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 06:58 AM   #17
alihasojaso
macrumors newbie

concerning incorrect password WiFi

the best solution is to reset network settings en enter the password for the WiFi before you unlock the sim card. I did it en it works
alihasojaso is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting