Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
Same issue. Reset Network Settings. Manually entered SSID. Restarted phone. Etc. No luck...anyone else with an update to this?

I just had this same issue when I did some stuff with my AP, and my wife and little bros phone were connected to wifi, my computer was, but My iPhone would not (I did have an issue that said no internet connectivity, so I forgot the network and tried to put my password in, it said incorrect)

I did everything said above but the one that did work was the inputting the wifi name and password as add a new network.

so far its working.

ChrisChaval

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2016
Milan, Italy
Please help , I am going crazy ..

A Brand new iPhone Se does not connect to one specific wifi router , says password incorrect ..

A different iPhone connects to the same router without problems , so the router is not the problem

The iPhone se does connect to other wifi networks, so it is not a hardware problem

tried most of what has been recommended here ..

Reset network settings

Rebooted router and phone

Launched iPhone se from the balcony .. ( will try that one soon .. ;) )

Any ideas ? It's driving me mad ..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've had this happen once or twice and the only thing that ended up working out somehow without really any explanation is waiting a day or two and trying it all again. Not to say that it's some sort of a "solution" per se, just sharing my (somewhat similarly odd) experience with this kind of thing.

ChrisChaval

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2016
Milan, Italy
Thank you

Patience is not one of my virtues but I will try ..

Before resetting the phone to factory settings or initiating the balcony launch ;)

Happy Easter

Ra Res

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2017
[doublepost=1480907913][/doublepost]nah that doesn't work, resetting your network setting dont work either
[doublepost=1480907947][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1480908014][/doublepost]that doesnt work either unfortunately
[doublepost=1493802213][/doublepost]Go to WiFi settings in the router and change the Wi-Fi Channel Bandwidth from 20 Mhz to 40 Mhz. If you have several devices connected to the network and the quality of the connection drops as you share the same bandwidth among multiple then your IOS device will not connect. Siri needs a good connection to internet in order to report good quality video and audio back to Big Brother. Namaste

xpressva

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2017
Pfafftown, NC
Happened to me on my Iphone SE.. Change your password on your router, save it, then IMMEDIATELY change it back to the password that all your stuff works with and save that. Worked for me.

I've been connected to my home network since I've had my phone, now out of the blue, my iPhone has decided that my password is incorrect, yet it is correct.

My connection is fine on all my laptops, so I know it's not a problem with my internet.

Why has this happened so suddenly and randomly? It just won't accept my correct password. :confused:

JayJohnPaul

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2014
Dawnbreak City
Been experiencing this for years on multiple iOS devices... I usually just turn my Wi-Fi setting off for a couple minutes and it connects automatically once turned on.

Robbowad

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2017
I've been connected to my home network since I've had my phone, now out of the blue, my iPhone has decided that my password is incorrect, yet it is correct.

My connection is fine on all my laptops, so I know it's not a problem with my internet.

Why has this happened so suddenly and randomly? It just won't accept my correct password. :confused:
[doublepost=1507371410][/doublepost]Ok, I've just had the same problem with an old Iphone 4. I use a 6 and that has no problem connecting to my wi-fi network. The modem i use offers 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz connections together, to get the iphone 4 to connect i had to go into my modem settings and temporarily disable to 5.0GHz connection leaving just the 2.4GHz. Then type the password into my iphone 4 and hey presto, connected. I then went back into my modem settings, reconnected my 5.0GHz connection and everything is as it should be with both my 6 and 4 connected to wi-fi.
It appears on the face of it that the 4's and the 5's keep coming up "invalid password entered" and won't connect while the 5.0GHz option is available, so switch it off, connect to the 2.4GHz. Worked for me on every other 4 and 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.