Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:49 PM   #1
tatstarfreak
macrumors newbie

Question HELP! The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015).

SO I bought an iPhone and it all seems to work fine so i went to upgrade to firmware 4.2.1 and did the BB 16.5 seemed to work until I realized that wifi wouldn't work and I could not unlock the thing to use t-mobile. So I tried to run the restore and jailbreak process again and it totally told me that (The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015).) this error message keeps popping up. I have tried desperately to do everything on line but nothing is working. Can someone out there please take pity on me and help me fix this? The dumb thing is stuck on restore mode and will not let me restore jailbreak or anything.

PLEASE HELP!!! I am so discouraged!!!

I am working on a 3g 8G.
tatstarfreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:37 PM   #2
LongbowFoSho
macrumors member

Download TinyUmbrella and click "Exit Recovery"

It will probably go right back into Recovery Mode because you need custom firmware, but at least you'll know how to get it out the next time you run into this.
LongbowFoSho is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 02:45 PM   #3
latafairam
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatstarfreak View Post
SO I bought an iPhone and it all seems to work fine so i went to upgrade to firmware 4.2.1 and did the BB 16.5 seemed to work until I realized that wifi wouldn't work and I could not unlock the thing to use t-mobile. So I tried to run the restore and jailbreak process again and it totally told me that (The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015).) this error message keeps popping up. I have tried desperately to do everything on line but nothing is working. Can someone out there please take pity on me and help me fix this? The dumb thing is stuck on restore mode and will not let me restore jailbreak or anything.

PLEASE HELP!!! I am so discouraged!!!

I am working on a 3g 8G.

You are the one THIS GUY sold it to.
latafairam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:26 AM   #4
Flavius111
macrumors newbie

An unknown ... 1015

Hi, i have to some problems with my 3GS 32GB UK, i was install the last FW 4.2.1 and unlock it but i was connect my iPhone with another PC that has auto sync and from that day i cannot do nothing with him, i just have on the display logo iTunes + Cable, i was try to restore and upgrade with iTunes on another PC, i was try to Shift+Click restore i was try FW version ( 3.1 , 3.1.2 , 4.0 , 4.2 and 4.2.1 ) every time just ( An unknown error occurred 1015 )

Please Help ...
Flavius111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Wisenos
macrumors newbie

i have the exact same trouble here
any real method?
Wisenos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:09 PM   #6
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030

Because your Iphone now has BB 06.15, you can't restore with firmware from Apple server. you need to use your mac to create customs firmware and restore it with this customs firmware.
Crystal-RX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:40 AM   #7
Wisenos
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal-RX View Post
Because your Iphone now has BB 06.15, you can't restore with firmware from Apple server. you need to use your mac to create customs firmware and restore it with this customs firmware.
anyway to restore it back to factory setting with factory firmware/BB ?
Wisenos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:20 AM   #8
gccshrey
macrumors member

i also got the same problem and thankfully i was able to restore my 3g back via TINY UMBRELLA.
Download tiny umbrella and start tss server, it will kill itunes. then click "kick out of recovery mode" . put your phone in dfu mode and then try restoring back via itunes.
It thankfully did in my case.

www.shreyworld.com
gccshrey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Tags
4.2.1 restore, bb 16.5, iphone 3g 8g, jailbreak