Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Last Friday I had some scary experience with my MBA. I sit down in a bus going home and want to work a bit on the MBA. The screen didn't turned on and remained black. There was no life sign of MBA and I though: ok, the battery will be down; lets wait for home and enjoy some music.
40 min later I'm home and unpack my MBA from its bag and it hot like nothing I ever had before plus the fan where running like to cool down hell.

Something was starting the MBA while being in the bag; but I have no idea what that could have been. The MBA is while in the bag overed by some thicker cloth; so I assume that an unintended open of the lid is not the reason which could lead into a wakeup.

These kind of hot apples I don't really like.

Any idea ?

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Run Activity Monitor to see if there is anything taking up most of your %CPU. Yesterday I had a similar situation with my less than a week old 11". What I found was Safari was using from 95-106% of %CPU causing the temp to rise. I caught the temp increase and after doing some troubleshooting finally ended up reinstalling OS X from the key that came with the machine. After doing that and using Software Update to get up-to-date the issue went away. I'm typing away on it now at a comfortable 106F.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本

radu.grozescu

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
Bluetooth could be one of the reason as my headset connected to iPhone is also BT;

I had the same problem with sleep because of a BT Logitech mouse.

I unchecked the ”Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer” from BT Preferences/Advanced and it works great now.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
i will run a hardware test if i will you.

Yes, I did. No trouble indicated. At least also no damange ...

Did you run software update? there was a small update for fix sleep problems on the MBA
... always up to date ... thanks to MR I always know when an update is available

I had the same problem with sleep because of a BT Logitech mouse.

I unchecked the ”Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer” from BT Preferences/Advanced and it works great now.

Actually BT is off on the MBA; plus the settings you mentioned are also inactive.

I guess I will watch the next days my user behavior and check more often if the little on get fever again. Might be really "user error".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.