Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
I'm having a hard time finding a good desktop weather app (not a dashboard app). The kind that always stays on your desktop.

Any recommendations?

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Use geektool also to display current temp/weather and have a 2 day forcast below that.

ccf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
These were all great suggestions, & better than anything I had run across on my own. I ended up choosing WeatherDock. GeekTool looked interesting, but as a mediocre tech person (& brand new to Mac), I wasn't sure I could fully utilize it. I'm assuming you have to know some code.

Thanks, guys. Great forum. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
You don't have to know any code – there's a whole thread on the forum about how to use GeekTool. :)

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
These were all great suggestions, & better than anything I had run across on my own. I ended up choosing WeatherDock. GeekTool looked interesting, but as a mediocre tech person (& brand new to Mac), I wasn't sure I could fully utilize it. I'm assuming you have to know some code.

Thanks, guys. Great forum. :thumbsup:

Yup no need to learn any code. You can cut & paste all you want. Here is the thread in question.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/628023/

Once you see what people are doing with it, you will be very tempted to use it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.