Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

121826-verizon_iphone_shipping_detail.jpg

With pre-orders for the Verizon iPhone having begun only about nine hours ago, it appears that orders have already begun shipping.

One MacRumors reader passed along this screenshot of his order status screen on Verizon's website showing that his order has been shipped. No carrier/tracking information or delivery estimate has yet been provided.

122429-verizon_iphone_shipping_500.jpg

In its Verizon iPhone FAQ, the carrier notes only that pre-orders will arrive "on or before February 10, 2011", but it appears that Verizon already has units packed up and ready to go and is moving them on their way to customers.

Article Link: Verizon iPhone Orders Already Shipping

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
The order status page is not loading for me. Looks like a lot of people are checking. Did they sell out yet??

existe

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
Mine is showing as shipped currently. I have an 8 digit ACE order number.

RainbowOfBeans

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2009
Dansville, NY
order numbers

what is your order #, our's was 216 & 3784.......???

CHECK THAT:

Order 216 is shipped

Order 3784 is "We received your order and it is in process."

Last edited:

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
My AT&T preorder came from China so it took a few days to send. I would assume it is similar for the Verizon preorders. I am surprised by people who think these are being shipped from local places.

Midwest Mac

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2011
Mine appears the same. No dates or anything but it does say shipped. However, I haven't received any email with a shipment confirmation if that matters.

NKT

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Probably have a hold at Fedex, similar to other early orders. Won't be delivered till the 10th is my bet.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
I'm thinking the shipped status on the website means it's packed/labeled to go. Shipping confirmation emails with tracking numbers will probably go out once FedEx actually picks it up.

Midwest Mac

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2011
Probably have a hold at Fedex, similar to other early orders. Won't be delivered till the 10th is my bet.

While that seems quite plausible, Apple's website does mention that preorders will arrive on or before the 10th. So it is possible that they will come early, but I will try not to get any of my hopes up.

Freshmixture

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
Coeur d Alene, ID
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

My order is #594 and it says it's shipped, but no tracking/carrier info yet

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
They didn't hold for the AT&T i4 launch. That's why they got delivered early. I would be surprised if they didn't do the same thing here.

Re. supplies. My recollection on the rumor is that they've been manufacturing since December. So probably a couple million+ in the channel so far.

macjunkie33

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
OH
My 2 iPhones have "been shipped"

Putting my money on a hold until the 10th as well. Would be a great reward for being up at 3am if it comes early!

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
Denver
Both of mine are showing as shipped as well. No tracking numbers yet. Hopefully they aren't putting a hold on them. This would completely make my week!

Midwest Mac

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2011
I'm happy for you Verizon guys but so many posts about Verizon iPhone. :(

I get it. If your aren't getting one or already have one on ATT it seems a little bit irritating that all of the rumors are on the phone. However, I feel that the iPad 2 rumors will start taking off now with the Verizon iPhone out.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I wonder if the shipper will withhold them until release day like Apple usually does, or if they will deliver sooner...

RainbowOfBeans

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2009
Dansville, NY
order numbers

If your order is shipped was it an upgraded current line, or did you pay full price, or is the iPhone on a new line of service if its shipped?

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
I just ordered mine about a half hour ago - got the confirmation message saying the expected ship date is the 10th? Did anyone else get this kind of estimate as well?

That will totally suck if it doesn't even ship out until the day that I could have just gone to a store to buy one....:mad:

winty03

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Are you guys using the pre-order number or the actual order number via the confirm email? WHen I use the pre-order I get ...order recieved it is in process. When I put in my order 2339 I get .....We have experienced technical difficulty while processing your order.

macjunkie33

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
OH
If your order is shipped was it an upgraded current line, or did you pay full price, or is the iPhone on a new line of service if its shipped?

Upgraded lines. Ordered at 2:48am. Would be shocked if it was actually on its way now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.