Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fugue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
How would I move my contacts from my Droid to my iPhone? Would hate to manually add all 234 of them.

Thanks!

iFitz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Back up your contacts to your address book on your computer and the iPhone will automatically sync all your contacts.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
I'm told you can import your gmail contacts to itunes which will be transferred to your iphone, a google search will quickly show you step by step instructions on how to do that.

I've not tried it yet.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Well assuming you use gmail just set your iPhone up to hook into gmail exchange and boom all contact transfered.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
would a restore from my older iphone also bring in my contacts & etc.

(nojack)

Wateroksnmud

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
How would I move my contacts from my Droid to my iPhone? Would hate to manually add all 234 of them.

Thanks!

My Droid X required me to have a gmail account so I'm assuming yours does to. Your droid and gmail should be sync'd. If they are, when you get your iphone, you can put your gmail information in and have your iphone sync to your contacts just like the droid does. No issue at all.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011

Thanks!

This is the easiest and fastest method:

1. Go to http://www.google.com/contacts and verify that all of your contacts are listed
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail and create a new Exchange account (NOT Gmail account)
  3. Use your full gmail address
  4. Use m.google.com for the domain
  5. Select what you want to sync (contacts, calendar, etc)
  6. Done!

thespazz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007

1. Go to http://www.google.com/contacts and verify that all of your contacts are listed
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail and create a new Exchange account (NOT Gmail account)
  6. Done!
And your emails are pushed automatically to your device!

jskrap

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2004

6. Done!

Great info, thanks!

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
As others are saying, I had all my contacts in my gmail account. I believe when I first plugged in my iPhone 4 to activate it I was automatically prompted to upload my gmail contacts

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
Good info on the Google contacts. Seems easy.

I'm assuming my Facebook friends who have phone numbers listed can also be synced and integrated into contacts like the Android app?

kdarling

macrumors P6

Google is universally useful. Almost every kind of phone syncs with their contacts, mail and calendars. (Google paid Microsoft for the right to rebrand ActiveSync as Google Sync.)

I'm assuming my Facebook friends who have phone numbers listed can also be synced and integrated into contacts like the Android app?

You have to use a separate app. For example:

http://www.maciverse.com/sync-your-facebook-friends-with-iphone-contacts.html

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there

Correct, in the Facebook app click on friends, then sync in the upper right hand corner.

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
does anyone know what you put in the field for "server"?

Edit: nevermind, I left domain blank and put m.google.com into the server field.

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
I have a Mac and MobileMe; the Mac Address Book app will sync with Google contacts, just as an FYI.

Is this reply from 2006? "Mobile Me"..."Address Book"??

Just sync your contacts with gmail and setup on new phone.

EDIT: I just noticed this thread was brought back from the dead. I'll leave my dumb comments up anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.