Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Once something isn't "That damn ****ing computer never works" you become a zealot. You will be called names.

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
I smell an evil MSIE minion. I say, let those MSIE minions rot with their bloated browser.

I'm a little surprised at how many Windows users are finally dumping IE like the pile of crap that it is. I see more and more Windows users talking about FF, which I think is very good sign considering it's only a v1.0 product. :cool:

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
Firefox is not 100% Internet Explorer and ActiveX compatible. Web pages that depend on ActiveX or were only tested in Internet Explorer will only render and work properly in Internet Explorer based browsers.

Because we all know IE is the "true" standard... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

VincentVega

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2004
UK
I think he makes some good points. Some - but not all - Firefox converts seem to take it too far - further than is reasonable. You might get someone asking how to use the pop-up blocker on IE6 and someone will reply "WTF??? You're using IE6? u looser [sic]! Firefox is teh gr8e5t!!!!!!!!!111111111". I find it all fairly annoying, to be honest. I used IE on a Mac just after OS X came out - it was shockingly bad - truly awful. The PC version is better, but still not great. Where's the tab support, true PNG compatibility, etc, etc?

Firefox is a good browser, but I much prefer Opera. But I don't try and ram my views down the throats of others.

Punani

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2004
Los Angeles
VincentVega said:
I think he makes some good points. Some - but not all - Firefox converts seem to take it too far - further than is reasonable. You might get someone asking how to use the pop-up blocker on IE6 and someone will reply "WTF??? You're using IE6? u looser [sic]! Firefox is teh gr8e5t!!!!!!!!!111111111". I find it all fairly annoying, to be honest. I used IE on a Mac just after OS X came out - it was shockingly bad - truly awful. The PC version is better, but still not great. Where's the tab support, true PNG compatibility, etc, etc?

Firefox is a good browser, but I much prefer Opera. But I don't try and ram my views down the throats of others.
There's a thin line where zeal of a item turns into intolerance. :(

However, with regards to Firefox, I'm sure this certainly shows where unbridled fandom can go...

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Punani said:
However, with regards to Firefox, I'm sure this certainly shows where unbridled fandom can go...
Ah, so true.

Anime imagery has many uses; all of them stupid. At least these cutesie - stylised children have all some clothes on.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Firefox followers can be anyone but obviously people with too much time on their hands. Let me clear something up, there are many respectable users of Firefox who use it and understand it for what is and do not preach it but recommend it. These are the same respectable people who have always done this with every program they have used. This new trend of the "Followers" does not include them. For to become a Follower you have to submit to the hype and preach the beliefs. At which point you become part of the religion, Spamming "Firefox Rules!" everywhere you go.

This guy is an a*s. Just because people prefer to live without hassle and like to tell others how to enjoy an experience doesn't mean they are geeky, cultish, followers with too much time on their hands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.