Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scmaster53

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
North Adams, MA
I've been wanting to enroll in the OS X dev program for some time now and with the recent release of the Lion dev preview I figured it was time to go for it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the time it takes for apple to send out the activation email? I just purchased the program on the apple store about 10 minutes ago.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
I've been wanting to enroll in the OS X dev program for some time now and with the recent release of the Lion dev preview I figured it was time to go for it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the time it takes for apple to send out the activation email? I just purchased the program on the apple store about 10 minutes ago.

Give it a couple of hours max. You will receive an iTunes connect email first and then the welcome email although you may have access prior to receiving the email.

scmaster53

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
North Adams, MA
Yes, I did receive the confirmation code from the Apple Store immediately. I'm just awaiting that precious activation code which will let me have access to 10.7 and it's resources :D

mhuk01

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2006
South West England
Yes, I did receive the confirmation code from the Apple Store immediately. I'm just awaiting that precious activation code which will let me have access to 10.7 and it's resources :D

you need to go to the apple develop website, login and request the redemption code. It is displayed instantly for you to copy and paste.

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
Anyone here know if signing up for the $100 Dev Program gets you access to the final public release of Lion as well? I'd gladly pay the money now if I get to update from beta to public for free when the time comes.

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
Strangely, I didn't get a confirmation email from the Apple Store, but I did get the dev program activation email after about 30 minutes.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
Anyone here know if signing up for the $100 Dev Program gets you access to the final public release of Lion as well? I'd gladly pay the money now if I get to update from beta to public for free when the time comes.

You'll get the GM max which should be the same as public release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.