Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:32 PM   #1
snakemajestic
macrumors member

Ok, who wants to help me get the most out of my Jailbroken iphone 4?

So I was just looking at the pictures in the thread where ppl were posting pictures of the jailbroken home screens, and some of them are awesome.

I am wondering how I can do this with mine, basically the ones that look completely different than the original layout.

Can I do this via cydia and winterboard alone?

Also, how do I pull up the status bar menu(?), I think that is what i would be called....the menu that shows processes and things like that. My buddy told me how he does on it on his 3G but I dont think it worked the same on 4. Maybe I am wrong.

Complete noob, sorry. Any help?? Please. and thank you.
snakemajestic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:37 PM   #2
snakemajestic
macrumors member

And further, it seems like alot of the themes/add ons in cydia dont work on the the iphone 4...? is that a fair assumption?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:40 PM   #3
benthewraith
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to benthewraith Send a message via MSN to benthewraith
I strongly recommend getting LockInfo and MyWi.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:10 PM   #4
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68030

Post pics of some of the screens that caught your attention and some of us can probably help you out in detail.

You should install Lockinfo & Winterboard. Then experiment with specific themes or full themes that you can download from Cydia.

I've got my homescreen looking the way it does from using a combination of differ themes.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:16 PM   #5
iPhone1
macrumors Demi-God

Install biteSMS, MyWI, WeatherIcon, SBSettings and BytaFont.
iPhone1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:48 AM   #6
VitaliyT
macrumors newbie

most of the popular tweaks have been updated to support 4.1 -4.2.1.. and most even have retina support.
You can go to Cydia and choose Themes on main screen. Then there is option to choose only iPhone 4 themes, there are alot of free ones
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:59 AM   #7
thepyro395
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone1 View Post
Install biteSMS, MyWI, WeatherIcon, SBSettings and BytaFont.
why does everyone love biteSMS. It is a good app, it just drained my battery way to quickly. I need to at least run 8-10 hours on a charge and it was draining it to the point I could barely make 8
thepyro395 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:46 AM   #8
eastercat
macrumors 68040

I don't use it, but I don't text a lot either. If you're into texting, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepyro395 View Post
why does everyone love biteSMS. It is a good app, it just drained my battery way to quickly. I need to at least run 8-10 hours on a charge and it was draining it to the point I could barely make 8
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:19 AM   #9
BurntReality
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepyro395 View Post
I have used BiteSMS for a few years now and have never had it drain battery like you speak of.
BurntReality is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:36 AM   #10
WhatAmI
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemajestic View Post
So I was just looking at the pictures in the thread where ppl were posting pictures of the jailbroken home screens, and some of them are awesome.

I am wondering how I can do this with mine, basically the ones that look completely different than the original layout.

Can I do this via cydia and winterboard alone?
The most easy way forward is to install Winterboard and head over to http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=24 and look for a theme of yr liking. If you're willing to spend some time creating/requesting icon art work I recommend http://www.taptounlock.me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemajestic View Post
Also, how do I pull up the status bar menu(?), I think that is what i would be called....the menu that shows processes and things like that. My buddy told me how he does on it on his 3G but I dont think it worked the same on 4. Maybe I am wrong.

Complete noob, sorry. Any help?? Please. and thank you.
SBSettings in Cydia. Theme it with the Serious SBSettings theme and you've got yrself a killer setup

And as the others have already mentioned, slam LockInfo, FaceBreak, Barrel, FolderEnhancer, FakeClockUp, MyWi and BiteSMS on there and you're going to score some of the coolest chicks in da hood. Or not....
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:52 AM   #11
goinskiing
macrumors 6502a

I've been looking for a program that lets you pick and choose your own icons instead of a blanket change from a wb theme. Any programs that do this?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:12 AM   #12
IBradMac
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to IBradMac
half of the fun in jailbreaking is in the discovery of new apps/tweaks you never knew existed.
IBradMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:40 AM   #13
WhatAmI
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinskiing View Post
I've been looking for a program that lets you pick and choose your own icons instead of a blanket change from a wb theme. Any programs that do this?
Almost no 4.x compatible themes offer blanket change, aka AutoCreate/IconMask approach, at least none that look stunning enough. Read up on this and start creating or go for a theme with only system icons and start theming, again I hear myself recommend www.taptounlock.me
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:10 PM   #14
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBradMac View Post
half of the fun in jailbreaking is in the discovery of new apps/tweaks you never knew existed.
Take a look at mask in Cydia. Allows you to change all your icons at once. With out wb. There about 25 designs. I think it's $2
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:17 PM   #15
Sedrick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinskiing View Post
I think you're out of luck there. I've had much success downloading the theme and manually packing together my own variant using iPhone Browser. If you don't like getting your hands dirty, you're probably going to have to stick with what others have put together.
Sedrick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:53 PM   #16
BurntReality
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
Take a look at mask in Cydia. Allows you to change all your icons at once. With out wb. There about 25 designs. I think it's $2
Thank you for this. I had never heard of it before. After reading the description I decided to give it a try.
BurntReality is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:55 PM   #17
snakemajestic
macrumors member

thanks for the input!

So ive been messing around with different things today. I installed the HD engraved wood theme, and I like the look of it.

But Iconoclasm doesnt work on 4.2.1....weak. Any other things in cydia that I look for to personalize the layout of my apps/folders? And also, the weather widgets for the theme set the location for philadelphia, pa; while i live in PA, I dont live in Philly. ANy tips on how to change it?

Thanks again everyone.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks