Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The time draws nigh. The online Apple Store has been shut down.

Attachments

• Screen capture 1.png
    Screen capture 1.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 157

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
They're pushing the new content to the web so it will be a simple flipping of a switch after the keynote to display the new content.

This is a good sign of having preorders available almost immediately after the keynote.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
why are stores down? ipad 2 announcement... not release?

Could be announcement and release.

What's weird is that it's down so early...3 hours before the event? And even if you could order today, it would be at the end of the event...so they will have the store down for 4+ hours? Seems like the potential for a lot of lost sales (non-iPad).

iPad 2nd Gen

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
If this isnt a clear-cut sign of 2nd gen iPad being available online today, I dont know what is.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
Could be announcement and release.

What's weird is that it's down so early...3 hours before the event? And even if you could order today, it would be at the end of the event...so they will have the store down for 4+ hours? Seems like the potential for a lot of lost sales (non-iPad).

They're adding all the new content on now to get it over with. Maybe they're expecting a lot of hits (preorders) right after the keynote so they don't want to risk having issues adding the content later. The store will be back up soon and then it will be down again briefly after they keynote to flip the switch.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
Whats wrong over at Engadget they have not made it a front page story yet?

henry2

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2010
I just checked the apple store website and nothing about the Ipad2 it still the macbook is on the start page and nothing on the ipad webpage ..

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I just checked the apple store website and nothing about the Ipad2 it still the macbook is on the start page and nothing on the ipad webpage ..

Watch the bottom of the homepage when it gets to be within an hour of the event and they should post the live stream link there. They're not going to put anything on the iPad page until the event is over.

henry2

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2010
I just got the store update as i clicked on the store ..i check back in the afternoon to see if the website is updated..

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
so they will have the store down for 4+ hours? Seems like the potential for a lot of lost sales (non-iPad).

No they wouldn't. Someone who is interested in a Apple product would just check back later. It isn't like someone is debating between an iMac and a PC and all of a sudden don't want an iMac because the site is down.

Cicatrix

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I'm trying to buy a MBP today, but the ipad announcement is getting in the way. Does anyone have an idea if the Apple Store will be back up today?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.