Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad 2nd Gen

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
No they wouldn't. Someone who is interested in a Apple product would just check back later. It isn't like someone is debating between an iMac and a PC and all of a sudden don't want an iMac because the site is down.

Actually, I needed to buy a computer this very moment and I'm not buying it anymore since I can't buy it right now.

Dont assume. Just because you think something doesnt mean eveyone is thinking that same thing.

Cicatrix

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2011
Phoenix, AZ

I appreciate the link you provided, but MacMall does not have the model in stock. They said they would have it March 10th.

Here is a question for you though you may be able to help me with if you would be so kind.

If I order from Apple Store, will I get it any sooner than the 10th? If not, I might as well order from MacMall like I originally planned.

Thanks!

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
I appreciate the link you provided, but MacMall does not have the model in stock. They said they would have it March 10th.

Here is a question for you though you may be able to help me with if you would be so kind.

If I order from Apple Store, will I get it any sooner than the 10th? If not, I might as well order from MacMall like I originally planned.

Thanks!

I'm not sure. If you need it quickly, you would probably be better off ordering it from the apple.com site/drop in at your local apple store. However I have no idea about availability. You might be better off popping into the MBP forum: https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/90/

I'm sure if you waited another 1-2hrs you should be fine and be able to order your MBP today.

HunterG

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2011
I'm trying to buy a MBP today, but the ipad announcement is getting in the way. Does anyone have an idea if the Apple Store will be back up today?

Why don't you just call the number on the Store page to order. That is if you don't care about not ordering online. :)

nmills

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
How long do the announcements usually last? When should the store be back up? Any idea? (I know it's not for sure, just wondering based on people's past experiences)

Cicatrix

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not sure. If you need it quickly, you would probably be better off ordering it from the apple.com site/drop in at your local apple store. However I have no idea about availability. You might be better off popping into the MBP forum: https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/90/

I'm sure if you waited another 1-2hrs you should be fine and be able to order your MBP today.

Thank you for your advise. I doubt that the local Apple stores have a 15" 2.0Ghz with a high resolution anti-glare screen though, so I will probably just wait to get it on line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.