|Mar 6, 2011, 12:47 PM||#1|
have multiple clients connect to a server using gamekit? (over bluetooth)
Like what would be the basic steps? Or does anyone know of any good tutorials?
I have been trying to do some research on this online, and I think I have kind of got the idea, but i'm not completely sure what all of this does so could someone explain it? Also, I want to make sure it makes this connection over bluetooth, not WiFi, so is there a way to force it to do that. and i want one user to be the server and all of the rest to be clients (unless you think all of them being peers would be a better way to do this and you can tell me how to do it). and i cant use peer picker because it doesnt let you create your own interface.
I think the basic steps are:
1. ask the user whether they want to be a server or client
2. server: initWithSessionID:displayName:sessionMode:GKSessionModeServer
3. clients: initWithSessionID:displayName:sessionMode:GKSessionModeClient
4. server: peersWithConnectionState:GKPeerStateAvailable
5. server: use connectToPeer:withTimeout: for all of the possible peers that peersWithConnectionState:GKPeerStateAvailable found
6. clients: have all of the other devices use acceptConnectionFromPeer:error:
7. everyone: setDataReceiveHandler:self withContext:
8. everyone: implement - (void) receiveData: (NSData *)data fromPeer: (NSString *)peer inSession: (GKSession *)session context: (void *)context; (in the same viewController class) and set it up to handle received data.
9. everyone: use sendData:toPeers:withDataMode:error: or sendDataToAllPeers:withDataMode:error: to send data when i want to
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mail - deleting messages when have multiple Macs connecting to same accounts||eoren1||Mac Basics and Help||1||Oct 19, 2011 03:34 PM|
|Why does Mac OS say 3 users are connected to my shares? I'm the only one connected?||alexreich||Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking||7||Oct 2, 2011 02:16 PM|
|HELP!!! Corruption data with Parallels client connected to OS X Server 10.6.8||will999||Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking||5||Sep 22, 2011 10:01 AM|
|problem using finder to connect to FTP server||stustaff||Mac OS X||2||Aug 31, 2011 02:27 AM|
|Problems Connecting to a Mini used as a Home Media Server||MacAlpha||Apple TV and Home Theater||0||Nov 23, 2009 03:40 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.