Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
my iPod of course is named wPod
i got the w from windows though. b/c i got my iPod when they first came out and i was using a windows machine. at this point they were not compatible but i found a couple hacks to get it to work. and since enjoying my iPod so much i ended up buying an iBook a few moonths later!

my shuffle is Q98 .. . . thats what it came default out of the box (or did i accadentialy hit some keys?) dont know what it means though. any clues?

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
Since I got my iPod a few months back:

1. "Music Biscuit"
2. "Pod-Pod"
3. "iPod-Wad"

boneca

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
boneca - doll in portugese

EDIT: Since I just got my second iPod, iPod Photo 30GB I decided to call this one Boneca and the iPod Mini will be Boneca Mini :p

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
Great MP3 Playing Micky Dolenz! My buddy named his shuffle "Sir Reginald Winterbottom III."

My 4th gen 40GB is aptly named "Q-bert Jones." He helped me with that. He's been thinking of starting an iPod Naming Service.

GeorgeTheMonkey

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2004
Inkmonkey said:
Great MP3 Playing Micky Dolenz! My buddy named his shuffle "Sir Reginald Winterbottom III."

My 4th gen 40GB is aptly named "Q-bert Jones." He helped me with that. He's been thinking of starting an iPod Naming Service.
Yarr, my iPod was also aptly named with a ridiculously long, somewhat Britishly stuffy name. (Not "Sir Terwilliger Jones IV," however. That's the name of my inanimate rabbit.) The iPod has since deemed that he'd like to be known collectively as Gromit, though Wallace is an iPod shuffle waiting on a shelf in the Apple Store for me right now, unpurchased. (The poor guy. :rolleyes: )

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i don't have an ipod, but i have names for my three computers:

clamshell ibook - which i simply call ibook
compaq presario model 1272 laptop - pc laptop
dual g4 power mac - dual g4

i used to collect guitars and have had nearly 60 instruments at one time or another and i only named one, which was a kit made superstrat i called "the black monster"...i felt i should at least name one guitar since clapton called his favorite guitar "blackie" (a conglomeration he put together from parts from 50s and 60s fender stratocasters)...today i just have one guitar, an esp/ltd, and i don't have a name for it

but if i get a new mac, and it's an ibook, then i will have to give it a name since my old clamshell ibook has the name "ibook" already

so, any suggestions?...besides "ibook 2" or "g4 ibook"?

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
Both my pb and iPod shuffle are called dexmus.
Its the name I use to play moh or rather all games. Its inspired by Gladiator. :D
The shared iTunes playlist on my pb is called 'Silver hammer', inspired by The Beatles.

cheers

krollster

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
London
Ivan

Ivan (the iPod)...no other reason except it starts with i. Actually, it should be Ivan II now after the first one packed it in. Got a replacement though so I shan't complain :)

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Waimea - City on Oah'u in Hawai'i

Since my computer is Waipahu (another city in Hawai'i) I'm taking everything that is wired to my system is another Hawai'ian city.

Also, my Airport Base Station is "El Baz", Shuttle 5 from Star Trek: TNG.

TEG

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
jefhatfield said:
so, any suggestions?...besides "ibook 2" or "g4 ibook"?
My iBook is named ono-sendai, named after a computer brand in William Gibson's Newromancer triology...
My old Pismo is named treskjegg (the Norwegian name for trebeard) from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings...

I'm sure you could find a character from a book, tv show or movie that has the properties you'd like to associate with your iBook... ;)

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
My iPod Shuffle is named...

"Bamboo Shoot"

While it shows up this way in iTunes it mounts to the desktop as "BAMBOO SHOO". Not really sure why although I'd assume a limitation of characters for some silly reason.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
My Hard Drives are called SponeBob and Squarepants so I think I will name my iPod shuffle (will acquire here in a week or two) Squidward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.