Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
All signs point to HUGE lines today, limited stock in stores, 2-3 weeks shipping online... Get to the store ASAP!!!!!!

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
20 people in line at 14th st nyc store at 9:30

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 314

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
And I've already heard reports that Best Buy will be receiving shipments to re-stock tomorrow.

It seems like Apple is really focusing on retail sales and shipping large supplies to their stores and resellers and trying to limit internet sales. The lines may get huge due to hype but I'm guessing most stores won't sell out today and would be surprised if any stores sell out today.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I asked at walmart yesterday and they said to be there early because they will have limited quantites, so instead i just ordered online this morning :)

This was no secret that Walmart wasn't going to receive a huge shipment. The main focus is the Apple Stores and Best Buy at this point with everyone else sprinkled with shipments in between.

iLucas

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2011
Indiana
This was no secret that Walmart wasn't going to receive a huge shipment. The main focus is the Apple Stores and Best Buy at this point with everyone else sprinkled with shipments in between.

Yeah, i know.
But the closest best buy in an hour away from me, and the closest apple store is 3 hours! so walmart being only 20 minutes away was my best option

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
This is lovely, the lack of information. I found out the only places close to me that will have it are Wal-Mart and Target. Both are in a somewhat ****** area. Not sure which I'll try, but I think there's a pretty good chance I'll get jumped on my way to the parking lot.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Being a Friday and 5PM launch I think the lines will start to really grow later this afternoon.

Most folks have to at least go into work for the day but a lot of them will leave early to get in line.

Last year it was a Saturday IIRC, long lines for most of the day. (Resevered mine and got into the store in first wave so I was back at work before most ever saw the inside of the store)

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
This post is pure crap. No one knows what the lines are going to look like. There are several retail options to purchase for this release. I'm planning on arriving at my Apple store about 2:00 and I plan on walking away with the model I want.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
This post is pure crap. No one knows what the lines are going to look like. There are several retail options to purchase for this release. I'm planning on arriving at my Apple store about 2:00 and I plan on walking away with the model I want.

Well... Are you aware that orders placed online are already being pushed out 2-3 weeks? I wouldn't just assume that you are going to be able to just mosey into an Apple store and get what you want. Just sayin'

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Well... Are you aware that orders placed online are already being pushed out 2-3 weeks? I wouldn't just assume that you are going to be able to just mosey into an Apple store and get what you want. Just sayin'
But who can say if that really means anything? It could simply be the Apple hype machine on overdrive, trying to make it appear that there have been a lot of orders. Nobody knows at this point.

jsbaugh

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009

Good luck. Both Apple stores here already have lines 50 deep and that is with 7 hours to go. Best Buy here also has a line. Lines are going to be huge today.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
All signs point to HUGE lines today, limited stock in stores, 2-3 weeks shipping online... Get to the store ASAP!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure the '2-3 weeks shipping' is specifically because they made sure the stores are well stocked.

Where did you get "limited stock in stoers" from? Did you just make it up?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
20 people in line at 14th st nyc store at 9:30

Wow that's just crazy. I mean waiting in line for 7.5 hours for a tablet. Call me crazy I just can't see standing around all day for this. Being the first to own something isn't a strong desire for me I guess.

dionnfr

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2009
Lewiston, New York

Lets get real here, when the original IPAD was released it was only in the Apple stores or you order online, now we have the following:

Apple Stores
Order on Line
Best Buy
AT&T
Verizon
Walmart
Target

I guess there will be lines at every one of these retail outlet

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Where do you get the idea there will be limited stock? Multiply every BB store by 100 (though some will have 150). Add in every ATT and VZW store, Target, a few WMs. Then all the Apple Stores (multiple stores in most major cities like NYC, CHI, DC, LA, SD/OC, SF, ATL, HOU, S. FLA, BOS).

Sorry not seeing a shortage just yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.