Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:36 AM   #1
chaseardoin7
macrumors regular

iPad 2 Sound Issues?

Upgraded to an iPad 2 yesterday, but I seem to be having some sound issues. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have sound in:
iPod
Safari Videos
YouTube
Videos
Netflix
etc.

I don't have sound in:
Angry Birds
Fruit Ninja
(basically any app besides netflix)
Key Board Clicks
That little sound when you unlock

iPad 2 isn't muted or anything. Can this be explained or is it an issue with my iPad?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Bob Sanders
macrumors member

Just did a quick test and that fits the behavior of the mute button. I can play Netflix and YouTube sound with the mute activated. I would double-check that.
Bob Sanders is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Wildgift
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseardoin7 View Post
Upgraded to an iPad 2 yesterday, but I seem to be having some sound issues. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have sound in:
iPod
Safari Videos
YouTube
Videos
Netflix
etc.

I don't have sound in:
Angry Birds
Fruit Ninja
(basically any app besides netflix)
Key Board Clicks
That little sound when you unlock

iPad 2 isn't muted or anything. Can this be explained or is it an issue with my iPad?
I had the same problem. I reset the mute button to act as a mute button, then the sounds returned. Then, I reset the mute button back to its desired orientation lock, and the sound remained. Bug I think. Try this. This should work.
Wildgift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Dougstrickland
macrumors newbie

Mute switch/ orientation lock broken

I am getting the same thing on my iPad 32gb wifi. If I set it to function as orientation lock, system sounds like the unlock swipe, as well as a bunch of app sounds don't work.

If I set the switch to function as a mute switch, I get sounds acting as normal, but some apps aren't muted by this, and I have to turn dowthe volume with the volume rocker.

I'm guessing we'll see something about this in 4.3.1.

Since there is no function associated with it, why not use a long press on the home button for an orientation lock?
Dougstrickland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 05:29 PM   #5
JazzFlight
macrumors newbie

I don't think this is a bug, guys. Try this:

After changing the switch to orientation lock, open up the multitasking tray by double-clicking the home button. Slide to the right (meaning the icons to the left of the visible tray will come into view). There should be a speaker mute icon, brightness controls, volume controls, and an icon indicating a music app. Make sure your speaker mute icon doesn't have a line through it (or else toggle it).

In addition, check in the settings app under General -> Sounds -> Ringers and Alerts. There you should see a Ringer and Alert volume and the option to change with buttons.

In theory, this should solve all your sound problems. It's not a bug (unless there's something else causing this).
JazzFlight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 03:55 PM   #6
kurtjoe
macrumors newbie

Thanks!

thanks-much! This helped me a lot!
kurtjoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad