Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themyst

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone encountered this issue and if there is a fix:

Occasionally, the screen refuses to rotate for no good reason; I have verified screen rotation is not locked through the software or switch, and the only fix is to reboot the iPad.

Is there a fix for this, or is it a known issue that will possibly be resolved in iOS 4.3.1?

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
This happened to me on the home screen last night. Never happened with my iPad 1. A quick power cycle fixed it.

themyst

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
I'm starting to think this might be related to the bug where the gyroscope isn't being recognized on an iPad 2. I think 4.3.1 will fix this.... hopefully!

jxr0124

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah...I was having the same problem but only in my email app. I just powered off then back on and it corrected the problem.

jbartschi

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
My Dad is currently having this problem on his iPad 2 also. He usually has to reboot it to get the screen rotation working correctly again. I told him to call Apple support and see what they say.

adpollock

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2011
Just Restart iPad

Restart the iPad 2: Press and hold down the sleep/wake on the front of the iPad 2 for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad 2 down. Restart the iPad 2 by pressing the Sleep/wake button on the top until the Apple logo appears.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
the only fix is to reboot the iPad.

Restart the iPad 2: Press and hold down the sleep/wake on the front of the iPad 2 for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad 2 down. Restart the iPad 2 by pressing the Sleep/wake button on the top until the Apple logo appears.

Congrats, you resurrected a dead thread in order to give the solution the OP said he already uses.

CHINADUAN

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
magnet cover is the reason

Due to the gravity sensor was interfered by the magnet cover. The cover is a stupid design by APPLE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.