Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

120822-ipad_2_estimates_032411.jpg

Just hours after the first international online orders for the iPad 2 began with shipping estimates of 2-3 weeks, Apple has shortened estimates for new U.S. orders to 3-4 weeks from the earlier 4-5 week figure that has been in place for nearly ten days.

Reports from MacRumors readers have indicated that shipments of earlier iPad 2 orders are beginning to come through in larger quantities, and we're hearing of more stock making its way to Apple's retail stores, suggesting that supply constraints may be starting to ease just in time for the international launches.

Article Link: iPad 2 Shipping Estimates for U.S. Online Orders Improve to 3-4 Weeks

Halebopp

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
yay?

here's hoping they have fixed the light leakage issue plaguing the iPads that have shipped thus far otherwise they may as well push shipping Estimates out 6 months because these things are defective

here's hoping they have fixed the light leakage issue plaguing the iPads that have shipped thus far otherwise they may as well push shipping Estimates out 6 months because these things are defective

My White 16GB Wifi has the bleed. Taking it back to Walmart tomorrow...32GB White ordered online last week. Youre right, it isnt a hyped thing...the issue exist alot.

fatdawg

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
First negative comment... my ship date on previously ordered iPad 2 has not improved. I'm better off ordering another one and returning the second one when it comes in! Arrgh!

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009

I love it when Google/Samsung/Sony/Motorola employees create new MacRumors accounts (join date Mar 2011) just to try to propagate garbage like this. Obviously trying to start a new antennagate. If you can't beat them in sales, try to start some bogus stories in the blogs and hope the media picks up on it. :rolleyes:

THIS JUST IN: My iPad 2 is absolutely fine and its in my hands right now. Anybody else who really has one complaining?

Halebopp

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
I love it when Google/Samsung/Sony/Motorola employees create new MacRumors accounts (join date Mar 2011) just to try to propagate garbage like this. Obviously trying to start a new antennagate. If you can't beat them in sales, try to start some bogus stories in the blogs and hope the media picks up on it. :rolleyes:

THIS JUST IN: My iPad 2 is absolute fine and its in my hands right now. Anybody else who really has one complaining?

Sorry but that's not the case, created an account just recently to provide my input on this issue on another thread. I am 3 iPads down with problems and still hoping the 4th will arrive with no leakage or dead pixels. I'm glad yours is "absolute fine" but if you do a search or just ask around you will find this is a widespread problem

AtlasBoy

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2009
The World

THIS JUST IN: My iPad 2 is absolutely fine and its in my hands right now. Anybody else who really has one complaining?

Mine is fine. No bleed. I'm not sayin it does not exist, but mine is fine.

jhstew1

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
West Palm Beach
Sorry but that's not the case, created an account just recently to provide my input on this issue on another thread. I am 3 iPads down with problems and still hoping the 4th will arrive with no leakage or dead pixels. I'm glad yours is "absolute fine" but if you do a search or just ask around you will find this is a widespread problem

by the same token, its always easier to find the units with issues, if they sell one million units and 5000 of them have an issue thats a % any company would take

maclive

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
wonder how this effects people(me) with a 4-5 week window that ordered last week ?

Sorry, nothing changes. 4-5 week window 1 week ago, now a 3-4 week window...same thing. Only thing is 1 week has passed lol

Halebopp

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
by the same token, its always easier to find the units with issues, if they sell one million units and 5000 of them have an issue thats a % any company would take

Agreed but I would bet the percentage is slightly higher (just my opinion) and there are many units where the typical user just doesn't notice or care about the bleed, like I said I'm just hoping to get one without this problem (black 64GB wifi). Apple support has been great in assisting with the issue

Ha ha ha! Way to prove you arent a Samsung rep..."3 iPad's down", give me a break, nobody could go through 3 iPad 2's with how tight supply has been. Take a hike.

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
I ordred mine Saturday morning (day after launch) and am still waiting, as are others, hopefully this will make the ship dates be the minimum listed time and not the max... don't want to wait till the 7th of April :(

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

zim said:
I ordred mine Saturday morning (day after launch) and am still waiting, as are others, hopefully this will make the ship dates be the minimum listed time and not the max... don't want to wait till the 7th of April :(

If you have any retail outlets nearby, watch the inventory tracker thread. I was 4 weeks out until I found one, almost literally, next door. Worth a shot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.