Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:55 PM   #1
Cub
macrumors member

Dreamweaver CS4 Scrolling text area in page

Hi all
I am constructing a Web page in Dreamweaver CS4 and I have placed the banner and buttons on the side. How does one insert a scrolling text area in the centre of the page? For a noob like me, because when I try to do it it places one in between or under a button and not where I want it.
Thanks again for any input.
David
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:07 PM   #2
phpmaven
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub View Post
Hi all
I am constructing a Web page in Dreamweaver CS4 and I have placed the banner and buttons on the side. How does one insert a scrolling text area in the centre of the page? For a noob like me, because when I try to do it it places one in between or under a button and not where I want it.
Thanks again for any input.
David
I'm assuming that you mean you just created a blank HTML page and then inserted a banner graphic and then some "buttons" without any CSS or table elements.

You will need either CSS or a Table to hold the banner and the buttons and the text area if you want to have anything other than just a stack of elements running down the left side of the page. Dreamweaver has a number of predefined templates you can play around with when you create a new page.
phpmaven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Cub
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phpmaven View Post
I'm assuming that you mean you just created a blank HTML page and then inserted a banner graphic and then some "buttons" without any CSS or table elements.

You will need either CSS or a Table to hold the banner and the buttons and the text area if you want to have anything other than just a stack of elements running down the left side of the page. Dreamweaver has a number of predefined templates you can play around with when you create a new page.
Hi
Thanks for the reply, so would I just insert a clear table and just insert the buttons banner and my scrolling text in a row?
Thanks again for the help
David
Old Mar 28, 2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Cub
macrumors member

Ok I created the table and inserted it akk, now how do I make table clear because I can't see it in the properties and when I go to type in the table box it goes in the centre not up the top how do I correct this?
Thanks
David
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:09 AM   #5
kingtom12
macrumors newbie

hi

Sorry I do not have any idea about text writing in Dreamweaver. I think you should take help from some experts to write text.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Tags
dreamweaver, scrolling text