Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Apr 11, 2011, 01:14 AM   #1
caspersoong
macrumors 6502a

iPod touch taps cause odd responses

Scoured Google and MacRumors for this issue, but couldn't find it. Sorry if there were previous posts discussing this issue. If I put my iPod touch on a surface, say, a table, then occasionally, when I tap it, it will interpret it as a tap elsewhere or as a pinch. I am completely sure my other fingers are not touching the glass surface. Recently, I discovered that if I hold the metal frame or back while tapping, the issue suddenly stops. If I stop holding the frame or back, the issue comes back. Does anyone else have the issue? Is it a hardware defect? Thank you.

Sorry for my bad English. I am not a native speaker of English.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 03:54 PM   #2
slomifier
macrumors regular

Your english isn't actually that bad XD.

Sounds like theres a short or something somewhere in the screen. Idk how touchscreens work unfortunately, but I'm assuming its possible for a short to be interpreted by the Touch as a pinch.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:49 AM   #3
caspersoong
macrumors 6502a

Thank you so much for your reply. So it is an isolated case? I should be able to claim my warranty then. There are no Apple Stores in my country, so I am hesitating to pay the shipping fees to resolve this problem. However, it is really getting out of hand. I cannot use a case because of this problem. Interestingly, I noticed that my friend's iPad has this problem too. Thank you once again.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Tags
ipod touch, problem, tap