Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Owning products from a certain brand does not make you crazy about it, unless that is the only brand you can see and talk about. I own an iMac, MBA and iPhone. Someone might call me a fanboy but I wouldn't.

If I could choose now, I would probably build a PC instead of buying an iMac and then possibly turn it into a Hackintosh. Okay, iMac was my first Mac so I was obviously excited and way too tired of my old Acer and Vista. Now that Windows 7 is here, things seem to be better in the Windows world.

Similar thing with the iPhone. I might go ahead and just get a cheap Android phone. Well, when I bought my iPhone, Android didn't exist, at least not like it does now. I'm not saying that I've been disappointed with these products, absolutely not, but I think that the non-Apple alternatives may offer more for me, at least per €.

When I bought my MBA in last November, I did some more research and wanted to get the best product for my needs. I wanted something light but a big, hi res screen, so a netbook was out of question. In the end, ultraportable market is pretty small and I couldn't find any laptops that could meet MBA. That plus my previous experience of Apple products made me to buy it, and I have been very pleased.

As long as you can think unbiasedly, you are not crazy about Apple. I can see the shortcomings of all Apple products I own and might make different decisions if I could choose now.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I wouldn't say I'm crazy about them. I just trust the Apple brand, which is why, if Apple make a certain product I desire, I will certainly check it out before looking upon other brands.

ender land

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2010
iLike them.

I am willing to pay a premium for a product I use every day, essentially all day, to get a more enjoyable experience.

ihelen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Pretoria, South Africa
I started off with a macbook because my boss was a fan and ever since the iphone came out, he has not stopped talking about how great it is. Then I guess I got brainwashed and got myself an iphone4 and have not looked back since. I got my husband a ipod touch and he was totally blown away by it. The other day he popped into the istore and i found him trying to sell a dad some screen protective covers for his daughter's ipod touch. That ever happen to you? Find yourself selling something with an Apple on it to a total stranger?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm not. I like their iPods but there's a lot I don't like too; like almost every other tech company that I buy from.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Time savings + lack of frustrations relative to other products.

This.

When I got my iPhone setup took all of 5 minutes with no labor on my part. Any other smartphone would have taken a while not only because syncing is typically more of a pain (or at least it used to be) but because the OSes are usually a little less user friendly.

Then there's also the design. Apple products have always been beautiful and well designed. They're a pleasure to use. This extends not only to the i devices but also to the macs.

We also have to admit, though, that we let these positives drag on our subjectivity. The i devices get less criticism from those who use and love them because we're willing to overlook flaws that we perhaps aren't so willing to overlook in other products.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
So as an iphone/Macbook user, people have always asked me why we are so crazy about Apple, I can never quite pin it down... what do u think?:apple:

They look nice and work well. The price isn't too bad on them either.
I'm not that crazy about iProducts though.

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Well I have only had mine for about a month now, but I would go with no frustration (everything is always fast, always ready to run), great battery life, an amazing OS (and I mean amazing coming from Windows XP), and great hardware. The trackpad is the most amazing trackpad I have ever used. I can't see myself using anything else.

On the contrary I love Android and have been beside that for about 7 months now; I love the iPhone's design but I don't like iOS in particular; the fact that I couldn't view flash on the iPad was a letdown as well.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
why we are so crazy about Apple
I'm not.

While I own a number of macs, and iPhones, I also own a core i7 that is hackintoshable (I'm running windows 7 at the moment). I pick the device and/or computer that best fits my needs.

I have zero brand loyalty when it comes to my phones and computers. The cost of them is such that I choose which one that best suits my needs. This is particularly so with apple which you have to pay the apple-tax for many of their products. If I'm going to drop 2k on a new computer it better do what I want it too, otherwise I'll move on. I could care less if it had a glowing apple logo.

I know its heresy here on MR, but that's the way I roll ;)

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I have zero brand loyalty when it comes to my phones and computers. The cost of them is such that I choose which one that best suits my needs.

Same here.

It just happens that most of the products that currently suit my needs are made by Apple. I wouldn't hesitate to change though if something much better came along or if Apple were to get it wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.