Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMan112

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
Just today, I noticed that when my Powerbook is charging the Orange power light is on which is normal. However, when I open the book from sleep mode, the light changes to green while I am using the mac.

Sometimes, it will change back to Orange while I am using it. Other times, it will remain Green until I close the lid and the Powerbook goes back to sleep.

Is this normal/something to be concerned about? This is a 3 week old PB (latest revision). Thanks

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
MrMan, it might not answer your question, but it can't hurt to familiarize yourself with Apple's battery page.

Many notebooks will not continue charging an in-use battery after it has reached a certain percentage full, like 95% or 98%. Something about this helps battery longevity, I think; others here might know better. So this issue you're seeing may be that the PB is charging, gets to a point between 95-100% when you're using it, stops charging, then charges again in sleep mode. But I don't know, just a guess.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Mine does the same thing so i wouldn't worry about it. I agree with what mcgary says. I had heard that before and that seems to make sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.