Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

View Poll Results: Are you CURRENTLY having trouble Reviewing iOS App you got through a Redemption Code?
Yes 3 42.86%
No 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Amazing Iceman
macrumors 68020

Can't Review Apps obtained through Redemption Codes

Hello, today I noticed that on my iPad, I can't review any of the apps I got through Redemption Codes given to me by the developers.
The App Store on the iPad shows that I have Installed the application, but when I try to review it, a message pops up saying: "You do not own this item... etc.".

This must be a recent problem as in the past I was able to review all apps I have installed, without any problems.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 01:59 PM   #2
nutmac
macrumors 68020

This was an issue for me last week, but it seems to be working now. It seems App Store had major issues last week, ranging from inability to review and rate apps from iPad, many apps not showing up as available, and already downloaded apps not reporting as INSTALLED or INSTALL. It may still be happening on some select titles.
nutmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Amazing Iceman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmac View Post
This was an issue for me last week, but it seems to be working now. It seems App Store had major issues last week, ranging from inability to review and rate apps from iPad, many apps not showing up as available, and already downloaded apps not reporting as INSTALLED or INSTALL. It may still be happening on some select titles.
Thanks for letting me know. Then this must be a temporary glitch. The strangest thing is that only happens with applications I got through Redemption Codes I got from several developers. All other applications I either purchase or download don't have this problem.

Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:20 AM   #4
porcupine8
macrumors 6502a

Just so you know, I just had this problem on an app that I paid real money for. So it's definitely not limited to redemption code apps. I did have the problem once last week on an app I got with a code, and it cleared up in about a day, so I'm hoping this time it does too.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Tags
app store, developer, ios apps, redemption codes