Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s2dio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Riga, Latvia
Hello everybody.

I have a question about putting the bottom case (plate) back.

Is there a special (or recommended) order to put the screws in to ensure that the bottom case is properly aligned? To avoid wobbling, creaking etc.

Maybe there is some kind of a "service manual" for the Air 2010? (there used to be one for the original Air).

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
Hello everybody.

I have a question about putting the bottom case (plate) back.

Is there a special (or recommended) order to put the screws in to ensure that the bottom case is properly aligned? To avoid wobbling, creaking etc.

Maybe there is some kind of a "service manual" for the Air 2010? (there used to be one for the original Air).

ifixit.com.

'Nuff said.

s2dio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Riga, Latvia
ifixit.com.

'Nuff said.

sorry, I should have mentioned that I've checked ifixit.com, and they have no specific directions on that. All they say is "Remove the following ten screws: Two 9 mm Torx Plus screws, Eight 2.6 mm 5-point Pentalobe screws. To reassemble your device, follow these instructions in reverse order."

bally555

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Thailand
This is what you are looking for. I took a screen shot from the page of the Air 2010's service manual.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-24 at 4.47.35 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-24 at 4.47.35 AM.png
    224.6 KB · Views: 2,219
Reactions: PhyrePhox

s2dio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Riga, Latvia
This is what you are looking for. I took a screen shot from the page of the Air 2010's service manual.

yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

But could you also give me a link to that manual, because it that I've searched a lot a places using various search terms, and could not find it.

s2dio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Riga, Latvia
Thank you. Bally555. Hope it will help me re-seat the bottom case properly and get rid of the creaking sound coming from the bottom case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.