Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Seriously, if you dont have warranty you cant even talk to a representative. That is terrible.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Yes you can. You just to pay some money.
Hope you did your homework before you bought your product.
Anyways, they're pretty helpful if you do have phone support or take the product to an Apple Store.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Apple has been consistently ranked number one in customer service in the industry. Furthermore, it is common practice in the tech industry for telephone service to expire with the warrantee. Bet you wish you bought Apple Care now ;)

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Yes you can. You just to pay some money.
Hope you did your homework before you bought your product.
Anyways, they're pretty helpful if you do have phone support or take the product to an Apple Store.

lol pay money just to have some Apple Robot to tell you that you would have to pay to fix your item.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
lol pay money just to have some Apple Robot to tell you that you would have to pay to fix your item.

Probably. Or you can use your time and money to drive down to the Apple Store to have them say the same thing. Whichever is more convenient for you.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
I have always been treated nice at the Apple store ... what is your problem that makes you so angry?

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
What??

Break your iPhone 4. Walk into an Apple Store. They give you a new one for free, no questions. Regardless of the damage and the warranty. Just one example.

Apple in fact leads the industry in customer service and satisfaction.

Gotta love it when someone assumes their anecdotal experience applies to everyone else.

So what's the issue, anyway?

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
Ooooh, I love this story!

"Boy meets iProduct. Boy loves iProduct for years. Then Boy breaks iProduct whilst using it for a bottle opener/pasta spoon/skeeball/oar/fill-in-the-blank. Apple tells him to pound sand. Boy starts MacRumors account to get the word out."

Smash the system brah! Fight the power!

:rolleyes:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I have never had anything other than stellar customer service from Apple. As others have said, what is your beef with them OP?

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
For over fifteen years I've enjoyed courteous professional service from Apple.

Both in customer service and tech support.

I have tens of thousands of dollars invested in Apple computers and accessories.

There is no better customer and warranty support than what Apple provides. Period.

Bonch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2005
Lithuania
I dropped my iPhone in a lake and the screen went out. Took it to the local Apple store, guy tried to replace the screen, he came out and said it still didn't work and he gave me a brand new phone. I couldn't believe it. Totally my fault and he still gave me a new phone.

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
There's nothing wrong with my product. I'm just saying its terrible to not even allow people that–– purchase your products and that may need assistance–– to not even allow them to speak on the phone to a representative if they dont buy AppleCare

ender land

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2010
There's nothing wrong with my product. I'm just saying its terrible to not even allow people that–– purchase your products and that may need assistance–– to not even allow them to speak on the phone to a representative if they dont buy AppleCare

I'm so glad HP has phone customer service!

That way I can wade through tons of phone menus to talk to someone who has no idea what is going on and still can't answer problems! Clearly phone service is the best!

/sarcasm

Seriously dude, Apple is consistently ranked high in customer support for a reason. There are more things to customer support than phone service.

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
I've found Apple tech support to be more knowledgeable than any other tech support phone service I've used.

HP tech support is probably the worst I've used.

eljanitor

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
Seriously, if you dont have warranty you cant even talk to a representative. That is terrible.

Microsoft chargers $100.00 for out of warranty telephone advice, that terrible too. Can't get any question answered there until you give them a credit card number.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Ok, I'm on it.

Attachments

• waaambulance.gif
    waaambulance.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 2,149

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown

so you are complaining about nothing? ... maybe Apple could start a chat line for guys like you :cool:

maxwellsmith

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2009
Ohio
Apple's customer service sure is terrible, they really annoyed me by troubleshooting a beleaguered G5 Power Macintosh with me for several hours on a Sunday and eventually restoring a computer that had been out of warranty for about five years at no cost to me. Terrible. So bad I had to dig up my old username and password just to give an example of the sub-par tele support and customer service going on in Cupertino. They should be ashamed of themselves. Oh, and those punks had the nerve to play Jack Johnson and the Black Eyed Peas instead of elevator music during hold times on this complimentary call!

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
Had an issue with my computer and Apple replaced it within 10 minutes, no questions asked. Fantastic support. This was after 1 week of owning my MBP. They just replaced it, I was expecting questions, tests, etc! Nothing, just swapped no questions asked. So my experiences have been good so far. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.