Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Honortgoat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
Moab, Utah
I just purchased a new 15" 1.5 Ghz combo drive PB on Friday and all was running relatively smoothly (besides a dead pixel) until a few minutes ago. The PB now indicates that I do not have a battery nor a airport card installed. The CPU is constantly maxed with the only open application being the Activity Monitor. 526 MB of ram also near full usage.

Just prior to this happening, I installed Content Barrier and restarted as prompted. After restarting and before noticing a problem I tried to pair my BT mouse using the setup assistant. After that I received a deluge (100s?) of processes named "blued." The processes stopped showing up in as active once I turned off my already pair BT keyboard.

Currently, the active processes are: pmTool; Activity Monitor; cupsd; crashedreporterd; WindowServer; notifyd; syslogd; mach_init; and kernel_task. These processes only add up to <25% of CPU usage with the Kernel task seeming to be running highest at 10-14%. The system is using 70-80% of the CPU. The airport and battery no longer showup and now that I've turned off the bluetooth, it will no let me turn it back on.

Any thoughts?

Edit:
My PB also no longer recognizes the combo drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.