Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igneousc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
How long is apple taking to approve apps these days? I thought they were quicker? I have an iPhone update and a new iPad app that were submitted 11 days ago. Iphone has been in review for a week, iPad for 5 days. I thought it would have been quicker because my apps are rather simple.. :(

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I've recently seen anywhere between slightly less than 2 days to slightly over 2 weeks random variation, from submission to approval. Thus, I wouldn't worry until it got to about 3 weeks.

Samppaa

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2010
My app has been in queue for like 5-6 days now and it's status changed to "in review" last night. Hope it gets approved :D

Shawnpk

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I just submitted an update on Thursday and it went to review yesterday. My last update took 4 days. I also submitted a new app for approval last Sunday and it's still "waiting for review". The Apple docs say 92% of new apps get approved/rejected in 7 days and 95% of update gets approved/rejected in 7 days.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
My app has been in queue for like 5-6 days now and it's status changed to "in review" last night. Hope it gets approved :D

In my experience, when this happens your app generally goes live in 24 hours.

I just submitted an update on Thursday and it went to review yesterday. My last update took 4 days. I also submitted a new app for approval last Sunday and it's still "waiting for review". The Apple docs say 92% of new apps get approved/rejected in 7 days and 95% of update gets approved/rejected in 7 days.

My average experience has been 7 days on updates. New apps always seem to take much longer, usually twice as long.

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
I submitted my app some time Sunday night, status went to "In Review" this morning and I just got an email saying it's ready to go.

igneousc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
I submitted my app some time Sunday night, status went to "In Review" this morning and I just got an email saying it's ready to go.

iPad or iPhone? I'm wondering if the iPad apps are taking longer, I just think 17 days is pushing it, especially since there isn't all that much to go through with my app :(

igneousc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
It's officially been over 3 weeks now, is there any way to get in touch with them about this? It makes no sense

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Not that busy, I just had a critical bug fix update approved in less than 3 days. A less recent app took longer, but not several weeks.

I don't expect many apps to get approved next week during WWDC.

igneousc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
Not that busy, I just had a critical bug fix update approved in less than 3 days. A less recent app took longer, but not several weeks.

I don't expect many apps to get approved next week during WWDC.

yeah I had an iPHone app update take a week and I uploaded that the same day. A new iPad app taking almost a month now though, and I am feeling the same way as you about next week. Kinda sucks after putting as much time and money into the app as I have

igneousc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
Sigh, another week gone by. Coming up on 5 weeks now, although I wasn't optimistic about things getting done this week. Anyone get an iPad app approved this week? This is what they told me, and yeah I got that standard "your app will take a bit longer to review" email a day or so after it went into review.

I checked on your app and noticed that it is still in the review process, but the review will require additional time. Occasionally this happens and in those cases we send an email to notify you. It sounds like you may not have received that email and I apologize if that is the case.

Unfortunately, at this time I do not have any additional details to share about your app review. However, I wanted to assure you that it is in the review process and there is nothing more you need to do at your end. If we do find that we need additional information, we will contact you directly.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not an iPad app, but had an update to an iPhone app submitted, reviewed, and approved in 6 days last week.

I know the waiting game can be very frustrating!

cinek

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2011
my iphone app took about 7 days before it went into review. If you got that email, from what I've read, it probably means that there's an issue with it and there's a good change it'll get rejected. It might be a good idea to give them a call and see what's going on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.